Corsair Community

New Corsairlink2 software is here 2.3.4816

pucci821

It happened to me as well after i install the new link software :mad: i removed the software and install version 2.2 again reflash my H100i with 1.05 (i'm using PWM fans) and every things works fine again.

Did you install the new Link software again or do you just run the 2.2 version ??

I tried after reflashing with 2.2 and got the LED to work, then removed 2.2 and installed 2.3 and now the problem is back.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one has not to drive crazy and overflow with gratitude now. Corsair made some precarious bugs and their complaint and anger management wasn't something to make a song about, as it existed mainly in 'duck and cover' and vague promises.

And we have to test this driver thoroughly when it comes to existing and future editions of Intel Rapid Storage Driver and conflicts whith different OSs/driver as well, before bursting with joy.

As I'm not using IRST at this moment, I can only say it's working fine for now.

Did you install the new Link software again or do you just run the 2.2 version ??

I tried after reflashing with 2.2 and got the LED to work, then removed 2.2 and installed 2.3 and now the problem is back.

I did install 2.3 again and the LED stopped working , re flash and stay with 2.2 every thing works well

So it's just me that cant even start it?

It shows up in my process list but not anywhere else..

I have the same problem, it seems to be running but it doesn't show up. Running this on an Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe... Edit: On Windows 8 64 bit! Edit2: It does now! Ran the hardware monitor first then started the exe!

My 4 HDDs are represented. What I'd like to change is my OS SSD. Here the temperature is shown as difference from 100°C, in my case 76°C, which is irratating and pointless in my view. Is there a trick to change this to normal temp reading?

This appears to be an issue specific to the drive's reporting. I've got the same model (a 128GB), and the reading shows up the same way - not only in Link, but also in Open Hardware Monitor. This seems to be the way the drive reports the temperature via SMART (where normalizing other ratings to 100 is fairly common), so I'm guessing that it'll take a fix on Corsair's part to deal specifically with drives that use this sort of reporting style.

Count me in as another who'd like to see a change or workaround in this, though. Aside from being confusing to look at, it also doesn't look like controlling anything based on the reading will work as expected without special handling... Not that I have anything for Link to control that would impact my drive temps.

-Bats

I have been running the new software on windows 8 Pro 64 bit and I still have the same issues I had with my led's not wants to switch color by temp some will work others will just sit at one color and I have one that will go red even though red isn't even one of the three colors I have chosen for it.I have done clean installs of the software twice and deleting everything I could find connected to it, even tried turning off the power supply to see if that gets things working but as of yet it hasn't.

Delete profiles? Can anyone tell me where the profiles are stored?

I checked in Documents and i found an empty Corsair folder there...

In Program Files (x86) i also found only an empty Corsair folder...

Anywhere else i should look?

@batcrave

Even if they don't fix it, in my view this is a minor issue compared to mess of BSODs before and the uncounted hours of error seeking (Ok, I'm dramatizing a bit now). As I use Aida64 for temp monitoring, I don't really need that feature, though it seems to be the first edition with exact temp readings.

So until now, I'm happy if it stands the test that persistent HDD accesses are stopped and the AX1200i fan control is working now.

Still not feeling like installing IRST.

Delete profiles? Can anyone tell me where the profiles are stored?

I checked in Documents and i found an empty Corsair folder there...

In Program Files (x86) i also found only an empty Corsair folder...

Anywhere else i should look?

c:/user/userx/appdata/roaming/corsair , if i remenber right

• Corsair Employee

I have a few questions for anyone having an issue with the LED on your Hydro I series product.

What firmware version are you using? 1.00, 1.04, or 1.05?

Does the LED device icon show up on the main tab at all?

Is it a specific color that does not work or does it not display any color at all?

@batcrave

Even if they don't fix it, in my view this is a minor issue compared to mess of BSODs before and the uncounted hours of error seeking (Ok, I'm dramatizing a bit now). As I use Aida64 for temp monitoring, I don't really need that feature, though it seems to be the first edition with exact temp readings.

So until now, I'm happy if it stands the test that persistent HDD accesses are stopped and the AX1200i fan control is working now.

Oh, I agree completely. Hopefully this (the normalized 840 temp display) won't be an issue for more than a relatively small number of cooling/lighting node owners, and there are far worse things that could be (and have been) wrong with the software.

Personally, I never noticed any trouble with my AX1200i fan - although I've rarely run it hot enough to actually hit the automatic trigger. It would be nice to see custom fan curves for it, though - like those it offers for my HD7970's fan - as idling at a very low speed would help my airflow (or I could just get a decent case for a change)... But I'd rather the time were spent improving the power readings and getting OCP working (not I'd feel entirely comfortable trusting it at this point, without seeing some far more detailed explanations and tests).

On the whole, I'm a lot happier with this release - now that the constant drive polling is fixed and the amperage displays are (somewhat) better, I actually have both the ability and a reason to run it regularly. That's not to say that it's beta-ready just yet, but it's a fair step in the right direction.

-Bats

(I also wouldn't mind seeing a way to control the AX*i fans from other software, but somehow I can't imagine that's on the roadmap)

I have a few questions for anyone having an issue with the LED on your Hydro I series product.

Is it a specific color that does not work or does it not display any color at all?

red isnt working , its black when asking for red, you need to unuse the red tab the have colors working , more than 50 % or more of red color colors will not work

im using 1.0.4 , try 1.0.5 same results with red color

Does the LED device icon show up on the main tab at all? -> yes with the right color but doesnt show it on the CPU block

HI Cool Guy

i am running 1.05 LED device is showing in the main tab and there is no color at all

So after installing this on win8 I get temps, my 4 video cards are recognized, one of my 3 hdd is recognized (of course the corsair one lol) but I don't not have any lighting options or cooling options like some of the pics have shown. I never even attempted to install the link on win8 so this would have been a clean install. So im assuming its bricked from way back when. Any thoughts, I all ready tried most of the stuff I suggest to people, except downgrading cuz of bsod's.

It looks like the new version is breaking more than fixing :(

Today I received my cooling and lightning kit, and it took me hours to find out that this new version breaks the automatic led changing according to the temperature.

I uninstalled this version and installed 2.2.0. Now the automatic changing DOES work.

Also: this new version asks for permission to run. The version 2.2.0 doesn't.

While I have no specific knowledge of why it now asks permissions when it didn't before, I strongly suspect that it has to do with the change in architecture.

The Sierra2 service no longer exists, and they have to have a way to communicate with the system somehow. Since the whole thing now resides on the user client side (including the new, hidden CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor), I think Windows security is simply intercepting the call and doing its job to make sure everything is OK.

Everything is working great for me so far. Reinstalled the latest Intel RST drivers before I installed Corsair Link 2.3, been running 2.3 for an hour or so now, fiddling with the configurations.

Good news:

-I can actually set my Corsair case fans (AF-120 performance) to change RPM, and they will. I also don't get nearly as much buzzing as I did before.

-Most things will work properly, given a second or two. Profiles change now without some settings from previous selected profiles holding over.

-LEDs work and change properly so far.

-I can finally change my GPU's fan speed (I have the GPU node) and it responds.

-No sierra2service crashes (thank god they changed that).

-Temp, wattage, rpm, and usage measurements are all working and much more fluid.

-Actually measures my HDD (WD Velociraptor 1TB) temperature now.

-Did I mention I can change my fan speeds now? And that it doesn't crash all the time?

Bad news:

-Two of my case fans (230mm generic) still don't change, but that's probably the fans' fault rather than the Link's.

-H100 (original 100, not i) is being cooled by 2 SP120 performance fans. I still can't really change their speed. They will only go within +/-200 of 2000 rpm. If anyone knows why, please let me know.

My experience so far with 2.3. I'll update if anything changes. So far, so good (cross my fingers).

i missed picking up my new h100i by 3 measley minutes so i get to sit here and listen to everyone playing with their toys.

hopefully those that gave up on these products will see the revised results and reconsider getting these as not only are they good but so is corsair support.

there will always be problems with this type of software,im not in any way implying it to be perfect.

theres just too many varables associated with it.its just good to see progress being made,,as long as it functions and does what it needs to[cooling],i can do without all the bells and whistles,but thats just me.

Archived