Corsair Community

Dual channel kit, different serial number ?

Paleskin

I live in Indonesia, recently I bought a 8gb ddr3 dual channel kit from DIMENSI TIGA, the official corsair distributor in Indonesia

To my suprise, the serial number in the 2 ram stick is not in a subsequential manner, eventhough their type is the same

the manager claimed that this is the "new" standard of corsair, to provide dual channel kit without subsequential serial numbers for the vengeance line of products

After arguing with the manager for some time, we decided to open several other packages of dual channel kits in the store, and they all have a non subsequential serial numbers in each package

But in the 7th package, I found that the ram kit is in a subsequential order, so I took that instead

Nevertheless, this event leads me to confusion, can someone confirm that corsair vengeance dual channel kit series has or has not a subsequential order serial numbers in it's packaging ?

Regards,

Paleskin

its irrelevant whether or not the numbers are sequential. as long as they pass the bench tests at the factory together at listed timings and voltage they are put in a package for sale.

its all good :)

i dont think its a "standard" like the sales guy said, it just happens that way.

when you buy shoes, the left and right shoe are not sequential but they fit anyway :)

its irrelevant whether or not the numbers are sequential. as long as they pass the bench tests at the factory together at listed timings and voltage they are put in a package for sale.

i dont think its a "standard" like the sales guy said, it just happens that way.

when you buy shoes, the left and right shoe are not sequential but they fit anyway :)

My old xms2 dual channel kit,also have a subsequential serial number

And if my memory serves me right, it is the corsair tech support who said that the subsequential order of a dual channel pair's serial numbers, ensures that the pair were manufactured from the same memory block, but that was years ago, when Dual Channel feat is still new

And when I visited some local store, all the other brand dual channel kit, ex : Crucial ballistic, etc, have a subsequential order of serial numbers

Only the corsair ones, which don't, even the corsair dominator 4gb dual channel kit don't have a subsequential serial numbers in their pair, so it's not just the vengeance family

How can we be sure that the pair passed the quality control together as a "pair", if they dont have a sequential serial numbers on them ?

How can we be sure that the pair passed the quality control together as a "pair", if they dont have a sequential serial numbers on them ?

Hi Paleskin

Like Synthohol said its irrelevant whether or not the numbers are sequential. as long as they pass the bench tests at the factory together at listed timings and voltage they are put in a package for sale.

What could really make a issue is if you use 2 kit of same model but with different version. And by the way, Corsair don't guaranty that it will work or give stability if you did not buy memory from a single kit

Hope this help

Sincerely yours

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Paleskin

Like Synthohol said its irrelevant whether or not the numbers are sequential. as long as they pass the bench tests at the factory together at listed timings and voltage they are put in a package for sale.

What could really make a issue is if you use 2 kit of same model but with different version. And by the way, Corsair don't guaranty that it will work or give stability if you did not buy memory from a single kit

Hope this help

Sincerely yours

So it is official then ? that all corsair dual channel products, doesnt have a sequential serial numbers ?

Since I saw that corsair quad channel products still have sequential serial numbers in them ?

• Corsair Employee
So it is official then ? that all corsair dual channel products, doesnt have a sequential serial numbers ?

That is correct the SN is not important what is important is the Lot number which should be the same.

Archived