Corsair Community

corsair h110 fan alternatives

uluaz

hi! i am in the process of a new build, and will be using the h110.

since it is a new product there obviously isnt that much information around, but i have read some mixed reviews about the fans that come with the system, so i was curious if anyone on here had any recommendations on alternative 140mm fans to use with this system. i read somewhere that the AF140 QE's were not the best/most viable solution to replacement fans, but i am not really experienced with those particular fans to know whether that statement is true or not.

feedback would GREATLY be appreciated, more than likely buying parts in the next few days.

build:

i5 3570k

asus sabretooth z77

OCZ vertex 4 128

1tb wd black hdd

evga 680

16gb corsair vengeance

corsair obsidian 650d

corsair ax850

corsair hydro h110

Wouldn't static pressure be better for a radiatior than AF? I don't know if Corsair makes SP140s I haven't checked but I would presume they do... But the corsair fans included in my case are insanely silent and I am pretty sure they are SP120s without the ring on the side and I must say they are damn good, so if corsair makes SP140s I would definitely check them out.

Wouldn't static pressure be better for a radiatior than AF? I don't know if Corsair makes SP140s I haven't checked but I would presume they do... But the corsair fans included in my case are insanely silent and I am pretty sure they are SP120s without the ring on the side and I must say they are damn good, so if corsair makes SP140s I would definitely check them out.

unfortunately corsair does not make SP140s

I've changed the default fans to some Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro 120mm PL-PW PWM fans(http://www.thewatercoolingshop.co.uk/noiseblocker-blacksilent-pro-pl-ps-120mm-case-fan-pwm-1500rpm-78270.html). Put them on the H80i but the maximum rpm that corsair Link software is showing is 1350 rpm even the fans can do a maximum of 1500rpm. How to i recalibrate/teach Corsair Link2 a new maximum speed? Tried restarting (shuting down/powering on) a couple of times ...

I've changed the default fans to some Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro 120mm PL-PW PWM fans(http://www.thewatercoolingshop.co.uk/noiseblocker-blacksilent-pro-pl-ps-120mm-case-fan-pwm-1500rpm-78270.html). Put them on the H80i but the maximum rpm that corsair Link software is showing is 1350 rpm even the fans can do a maximum of 1500rpm. How to i recalibrate/teach Corsair Link2 a new maximum speed? Tried restarting (shuting down/powering on) a couple of times ...

this thread is about the H110, which uses 140mm fans; i think you misread the title.

I had posted the same question as the OP indicated. On another site someone recommended these: COUGAR CF-V14HB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 14CM Silent Cooling Fan (Black)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553007

Not sure if these are the best. The color is a little off for my taste. I saw Corsair George mention something about new Corsair fans on another site. I know they are looking to do a fan replacement for the H100i but it sounded like there may be more fan options from Corsair in the future.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, sorry to bring up a possibly dead thread, but as this is the first hit in google for "best fans for h110" I'd figure I'd share the fans I use incase anyone else new to the h110 was curious.

I was using the 140mm cougar vortex's mentioned above and all was well, however one developed a bad bearing so I switched them both out for AF140 QE's. Both the vortex's and the AF140's are undervolted to 7 volts and in pull only (exhausting out the top of my 750D) and while the AF140's are not static optimized, the radiator fins are wide enough that not only did they match the vortex's temps, they beat it with no noticeable addition to noise levels.

Ambient room temp was 20c

Hottest core on idle with vortex was 31c, prime95 after an hour 60c.

Hottest core on idle with AF140 was 30c, prime95 after an hour was 58c.

Hopefully down the road we get some SP140's but for now if you're searching for decent 140mm fans to use with the h110 (or perhaps any rad of similar proportions) I can recommend AF140's in pull provided you have decent airflow in your case.

Archived