Corsair Community

M60 stops moving when idling

Hex

Hi fellow Corsair fans,

I'm having a problem with my Corsair M60 mouse. At times when I leave my machine for over 5-10 minutes or so, my M60 mouse's cursor refuses to move, but still responds to clicks as well as the rest of the buttons. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the with the way Windows 8 goes into idle mode. I've had a wireless Microsoft mouse plugged into it at the same time as a test - the Microsoft mouse still could move while the Corsair could not. I've looked for solutions for quite a while, and this is what I've tried so far:

-Upgraded/reflashed firmware

-Reinstalled Corsair Mouse software

-Turn off "selective USB suspend" in power options

-Updated chipset drivers.

-Changed lift setting to "High" in the Corsair Mouse software

-Swapped polling interval to 8 ms, then back to 1 ms

Anybody else encounter this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

EDIT: I should also mention that I don't remember having this issue back when I was running Windows 7.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately, after a few more weeks of playing around with drivers, the problem still hasn't gone away. I've narrowed it down to happening once every time the computer turns on or wakes from sleep (though it's random as to when it happens). Does anyone have any more advice?

Unfortunately, after a few more weeks of playing around with drivers, the problem still hasn't gone away. I've narrowed it down to happening once every time the computer turns on or wakes from sleep (though it's random as to when it happens). Does anyone have any more advice?

Yeah I feel your pain, I have the same problem with mine. The mouse lights stay on and all buttons are fully functional, yet the cursor is frozen. It does not happen all the time, it happens very randomly and sometimes mouse works all day and then poof...frozen. The M60 using ADNS-9500 LaserStream sensor. I did a little digging and it would seem that some Logitech mice that are quipped with this sensor experiencing similar problems or cursor moving by itself. I find it interesting that some of the M60 do not suffer with this problem. I think perhaps there was a bad batch of sensors that somehow passed the QC. I'm getting mined replaced and I recommend you do as well.

BTW I'm on Windows 7

Yeah I feel your pain, I have the same problem with mine. The mouse lights stay on and all buttons are fully functional, yet the cursor is frozen. It does not happen all the time, it happens very randomly and sometimes mouse works all day and then poof...frozen. The M60 using ADNS-9500 LaserStream sensor. I did a little digging and it would seem that some Logitech mice that are quipped with this sensor experiencing similar problems or cursor moving by itself. I find it interesting that some of the M60 do not suffer with this problem. I think perhaps there was a bad batch of sensors that somehow passed the QC. I'm getting mined replaced and I recommend you do as well.

BTW I'm on Windows 7

Yeah, my replacement is actually on the way back already. It's a shame, because I think the mouse is really great otherwise! Here's hoping that we both get better sensors :).

Archived