Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 won't sync

crl3u1

Hi,

So I bought this new headset today. Following the quick start guide, I plugged in the micro USB to charge the headset. I immediately heard crackling sounds from both sides. I don't know if this is normal, but it went away after maybe a minute or so. After roughly 4 hours of charging and a green light, I proceeded to plug in the dongle and update the drivers. I turn on the headphones and they blink. The headset would sync with the dongle for maybe 10 seconds on a very weak connection. After 10 seconds, the headset would just turn off. I don't know if there is an auto off feature or whatever, but it would not sync for longer than 10 seconds.

I also continued to hear crackling sounds when in the rare occasion sound was playing through the headset.

I use a logitech wireless g700 mouse, but I have tried disconnecting those. It still has the same problem.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I have tried manually resetting the dongle as the forums have stated. My dongle is constantly blinking.

Are there any other wireless devices near the dongle?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Try repair the headset to the dongle

Under normal circumstances, you will never need to manually "pair" the Vengeance 2000 with the included wireless USB adapter ("dongle"). However, if the status indicator on the dongle does not stop blinking, you can try pairing the dongle and the headset.

Here's how to do it:

Turn the headset off by pressing the power button until the blue indicator light below the power button goes out.

Insert the wireless adapter into your PC's USB port.

With the end of an unfolded paper clip, press the recessed pairing button on the wireless adapter.

After about ten seconds, the indicator light on the wireless adapter will blink rapidly.

Press and hold the power button on the headset for about ten seconds, until the headset indicator light blinks rapidly.

The light on the wireless adapter will go solid blue, and the light on the headset will flash slowly (about two seconds between each flash)

The headset and wireless USB adapter are now paired.

Source: Audio FAQ

Yes I have tried repairing. No I dont have any more wirel3ss device around it. Even tried on my laptop. The problem was worse. And yes.. I have tried the extension and even moved the headset right next to the dongle.

I really wanted to like this headset. And I debated a long time because ive read many cracked reviews. I still decided to take a chance because I use many corsair products. I really love the fit and all... I just hope the headset works and doesnt crack or break.

Archived