Corsair Community

No sound coming from subwoofer at all (SP2500)

c_zande

Satellites work fine, pod works fine, updated drivers, plugged into both headphone and line out jacks. I've also tried using 3 different devices (Phone, Zune, CD Player) all of them had sound through the satellite speakers but nothing at all coming from the subwoofer. I've tried maxing it out and playing bass heavy music, nada. I've checked all my connections and they're fine, I've been messing around with any setting I can manage and get no result, even while trying to pass them as a 5.1 system rather than a stereo system through Realtek HD Sound Manager. Anyone have a similar issue or know if there's a setting causing this?

Thanks

I've had that when I selected "late night" mode and switched back to find that it was "stuck" in late night mode. I unplugged (power cord) the whole unit for a bit and re-plugged it in. It bass was back!

Satellites work fine, pod works fine, updated drivers, plugged into both headphone and line out jacks. I've also tried using 3 different devices (Phone, Zune, CD Player) all of them had sound through the satellite speakers but nothing at all coming from the subwoofer. I've tried maxing it out and playing bass heavy music, nada. I've checked all my connections and they're fine, I've been messing around with any setting I can manage and get no result, even while trying to pass them as a 5.1 system rather than a stereo system through Realtek HD Sound Manager. Anyone have a similar issue or know if there's a setting causing this?

Thanks

I've had that when I selected "late night" mode and switched back to find that it was "stuck" in late night mode. I unplugged (power cord) the whole unit for a bit and re-plugged it in. It bass was back!

It shows the subwoofer as being on in the pod, and it's never had any sound coming from the subwoofer (even maxed). But I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'll also have a Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium to test these on today, hopefully it's just an issue with onboard sound and not the unit itself.

Edit: That did not fix it... Any response from support would be great, I submitted a ticket that hasn't been responded to as well.

• Corsair Employee

Whats your case number Zande? It takes about 48 hours for us to reply but depending on the queue, it can take slightly longer than that.

As for the subwoofer noise, did you try the remedy by MXG? Did you actually click the button so Night Mode isn't on?

Whats your case number Zande? It takes about 48 hours for us to reply but depending on the queue, it can take slightly longer than that.

As for the subwoofer noise, did you try the remedy by MXG? Did you actually click the button so Night Mode isn't on?

I have not been given a case number as of yet.

I tried that fix and night mode is not on. I've tried every variation I could think of, to get *any* sound out of the subwoofer.

Still a no-go with a SoundBlaster X-fi Titanium. Sounds like I'll be needing an RMA.

• 3 weeks later...

*Sigh* I saw that my RMA was delivered to Corsair on 2/12/2013. Well, today is 2/19/2013 and I have not heard a single word, not one. Whats the status of my RMA? It's a little ridiculous that after 5 days I haven't even gotten an email that says it got there okay and that my RMA is processing. Can you help me out RAMGUY, I've been without speakers for much longer than should ever happen.

Edit: After checking the status of the RMA, it shows that Corsair hasn't received my item...But it has been a full WEEK since it arrived at your RMA department...

Archived