Corsair Community

Ax760i Temperature, please help !

CalinTM

The profile is set on quiet, when i start my PC, the fan is stopped, bu as soon as i play some games, then i'm back in windows the fan doesn't stop anymore, even at 30 degrees PSU. Why ??

It's because i use the link device ? I know from the old seasonic, that the fan stops when the PC is in idle. My idle wattage is 100W, and gaming 380W.

It would have been easier to answer if you would have included that in your first post...but anyway. The fan should stop when the load is decreased or temps drop far enough.

So if this is the case then the fan controller isn't quite working as it should. Have you tried using the PSU without LINK software? If it were me, i would at least give it a shot to avoid returning a perfectly good PSU if it's not at fault.

The profile of the fan is quiet, not fixed. It stops when i start my PC, and after i exit a game, it runs forever at 400rpm, and the temperature is 31-35 degrees in idle after i play some games.

So, is stopped when i start the PC, and as soon he spins, he doesn't stop, even on 2-3 hours of idle.

Doesn't work. After i boot into windows he is stopped->enter a game->fan spins-> exit the game, and the fan doesn't stop anymore, and i can let the PSU in idle forever, doesn't stop, and the wattage in idle is 90W in out, so its not stressed.

Tried with corsair link device, and without.

Should i understand that has some fan problems ?

Also, please people listen to this fan problems, i made a video, this happens only above 80% fan speed in the corsair link software. And as you know everytime i power up my PC the fan spins on 100%, and is making awful noises...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta578WW3qZI

As you can see, if i press gently with my finger in the middle of the fan where the corsair logo is, the vibration noise stops !

What can i do, to stop this issue ?

• Corsair Employee

There is a link on the left side of the Form to request an RMA!

And you will have to ship the part to our closest Hub which I think for you would be in The Netherlands. If the reseller will not help you and you can call our customer service using SKYPE if you have had the unit less than thirty days and request Pre-paid shipping. The number is listed under contact on the main site

Well this option seems to be longer than i expected. Well, my local IT store from where i bought it, said that usually takes 5 days until i get an answer about a fan replacement or a psu swap.

But if i will ask you your opinion. What you think they gonna do ? Because as i showed in the link above there is an actually fan noise vibration thingy at high fan speeds. So, what do you think they will say to me ?

• Corsair Employee
I have no problem replacing the unit for you as I stated before but if the reseller will replace it for you in reasonable amount of time then that may be a better solution for you. I am sorry but I dont know how things work there so its hard for me to judge what would be best for you. I can only inform you what we can do.

Hey, i just wanted to write down here. So i send the PSU to the warranty, they said that takes 5 days until an answer. Took much less time than 5 days, and now i got a text on my phone, and says that my PSU was replaced. I'm so happy !!

Maybe now i have some luck and grab one that really has a +12V .00 The previous one(with the fan problem i was talking about) had 12.880/.960V

Archived