Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Losing Signal

bradleyc81

After much difficulty, I finally for my headset working around the speakers, now the problem is that it loses signal just about every time I move my head. I have tried moving the USB to a higher up spot and turning it towards where I generally sit and nothing helps. I even lose signal when sitting completely still, if I so much as touch the headset it goes bonkers.

I was with bradleyc81 when he experience the problem. At worst turning our head no more than 10-20 degrees would cause the audio to drop. Moving the dongle to different positions we could get up to about +/- 80 degrees of movement. Also the range was limited to about 8 feet and as we moved further from the dongle the range of motion that we could turn our heads decreased (approx. +/15) degrees. Also: the headphones do not provide audio when plugged to the USB cable as advertised.

Do you have any wireless devices near the dongle and where you are sitting?

If so, try the dongle in another area and see if the range and connection issue is better.

Have you tried a different USB port?

What happens to the headset when the charging cable is plugged in? The headset turns off?

We tried the dongle on several of the ports and even plugged directly into a USB eliminating the dongle mount and cable...also moved the dongle to numerous locations within the limits of the cable length. There was a noticable improvement but not great.

There is a wireless keyboard and mouse in the same area. We'll try moving that receiver around, however, one of the better reception areas for the headset was with the dongle sitting right in front of the keyboard.

I didn't notice if the headset shut off when plugged to the charging cable. Just that the audio stopped as soon as the cable is connected.

Archived