Corsair Community

Memory for Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0

joe3180

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0

I checked the tool but this motherboard is not listed. I was hopeing to get something I could o.c. to 2133. It doesnt seem like corsair has any for AMD....perhaps I am wrong tho. Help guide me :)

It appears to me that Vengeance® — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B) Is the best I will be able to do. Can you confirm? Thank you.

What CPU? Most AMD's only support a max frequency of 1333mhz. Unless it's the new FX chips that support 1866mhz memory.

You will need to overclock your processsor as well as the memory to reach anything close to 2133mhz.

The 1600mhz kit would be the best choice!

These should be what your looking for

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9

CMT8GX3M2A1866C9

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B

I could not find any kits above 1866mhz for that MB. There is always the possibility RamGuy knows additional part numbers that may be higher speed modules. Maybe wait untill he weighs in

Thanks. Ill see what he says also. I just find it interesting that all these ram are discribed with intel 2nd gen and so on but there is almost no metion of amd anywhere. 1866 will work for me if I can find anything 2133 though. It would open me up more more MB too since there are only a few to claim to work with 2133 and nearly all, if not all, work with 1866.

I just wish I knew what makes one work with amd and what makes one not. They are all so much the same I cant really tell.

What were you looking for when you found those anyway?

• Corsair Employee
Most likely you will not find any parts higher than DDR1866 listed for AMD but any of the Intel DDR2133 parts will work but as noted the AMD CPU's will likely not run much above DDR1866.

Archived