Corsair Community

ASUS K8V SE Deluxe and Corsair XMS3500

Nightmare

[quote name='RAM GUY']What modules do you have, or what is the exact part#? And unless you have XMS3200C2 you should just load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and every thing will be set![/QUOTE] Perhaps their settings are easily auto detected? Also, I've split your original discussion from that other thread to make it more manageable and readable.

I set all the memory timings to Auto: 1st Boot: As I clicked the XP login the PC rebooted Reboot: Booted to windows this time, but I got 2 Registry Errors and a "Windows Recovered from a Serious Error". I'm using the PC right now, but I just know its going to have issues. OK, I ran CPUID. These are the "Auto" detected settings. They seem all wrong Freq. : 200 Mhz FSB/Dram : CPU/11 CAS: 2.5 Ras-Cas: 4 RAS Prech : 4 Cycle Time: 6 Bank Cycle: 12 DRAM idle: 16 And Internet Explorer has crashed once :roll:

• Corsair Employee
How old is your Module? It may be that you have a XMS3500C2 made before January of 2003! If you do then the SPD was set to JEDEC defined values for DDR333 as there was no spec for DDR400 until January of 2003! And that might be what’s causing the problem!

• Corsair Employee
Please email me with a link to this post and your name address and phone # and please include the complete part# off of the label and I will be happy to help you either get these updated and or replaced!

• 2 weeks later...
The RMA arrived last night. I installed it and reset the bios memory to all "Auto". It booted the first try and CPU-ID shows timings of: 2-2-2-5 Bank Cycle timing : 11 Dram Idle timer: 16 I ran Memtest for 6.5 passes with zero errors. They did send me the 3200XLPT XMS3208v1.1 Is that the most current model number? I'm going to run by Microcenter and see what they have on the shelf. Thanks for all the help

Someone is not following along ;): I have the RMA stick installed and running at 400 Mhz I ordered another 512 3200XLPT today from zipzoomfly ($146) and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. I will return the 3500 once I confirm that the second 3200XL is the same version. Thanx

Ok, so the new module arrived today. I've been running the RMA module for the last couple days with no problems (at least not from the RAM; SP2 sucks). I installed the second 512 stick into slot 3 and booted the machine. It looks like its running at the same High Speeds with both sticks: 2-2-2-5 with 2 x XMS512-3200XLPT CPUID shows: Family: F Ext Fam: 0 Modle: C Ext Mod: 0 Stepping: 0 Is this the "slower" AMD core? Both Corsair Sticks have the same numbers: XMS512-3200XLPT XMS3208v1.1 0429071-1 Would a TwinX set still have something else that "matches"? I know you told me about using th same "batch" of ram chips, Does the last number have anything to do with that? Thanks for all the Help, I'm off for some more Doom3

• 2 weeks later...

Archived