Corsair Community

Project Bright Panel: Corsair 800D, Liquid Cooled, Illuminated Mid Panel

He tweeted them about an hour after I suggested it. They've already posted a link to it on Twitter and Facebook.

Yep. :D:

I doubt anything will come of it, but wouldn't it be awesome if I could somehow collaborate with them on the 2013 Dream Machine? Of course we would HAVE to use a Corsair case...

I've been watching this thread for a while and I gotta say Mr_Armageddon, you've built a damn nice rig, wanna donate it to the help Paul get a good gaming rig foundation? It's a good cause I promise :P

But that Maximum-PC rig, I've been sat going wtf for the last half hour, still trying to work out why they chose half the parts they did, and while they chose good parts, no diggedy they're amazing parts, but I dunno, $700 on a paint job to only paint it white? Why chose white when Silverstone make a white version of that case anyway? Ugh, what a waste of money.

But whereas yours is incredibly tidy, and downright beautiful to the point where even my girlfriend thinks it looks really nice, and she isn't a computer enthusiast at all, the Maximum-PC one looks like someone bombed a spaghetti factory which also makes blue bubblegum.

Did they deliberately choose to chuck the most expensive parts into a case and hoped no one would notice?

But anyway, despite all that, you've done an amazing build, and here's hoping that those over at Maximum-PC see it and see what can be done when you know what you're doing :D

They almost always do over-the-top paint jobs with their Dream Machines now. By no means necessary, but expected by many of their readers at this point. I think the one from 2-3 years ago was actually chrome plated :biggrin:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doood. That is awesome. I agree this years DM was really bad. My rig looks 10x better then that, yours 20x.

Totally agree. So Gutcheck... when can we expect your next build log :p:

So I was looking for a new case to help protect my Samsung Galaxy S III, and came across the Trident Aegis. I have one of these on my kid's Nook Tablet to help protect it from the abuse they put it through, and it has done an excellent job so far. So when I noticed that one of the color options was almost identical to my current build... I had to get one.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/7983702390_f02c57e6aa_c.jpg

Its a pretty solid case, and offers a lot more protection than my standard TPU, but at the expense of added thickness. I will probably end up going back to my TPU case at some point, but had to get a quick picture first of the color coordination between my tech gear :D:

• 1 month later...
Sleeving is encasing the PSU wires in a weaved material. It is strictly for looks, but looks much better than bare wires, and you can coordinate the sleeving colors to match other parts of your build.

Cool! I might try it for my new build!

• 4 months later...

Anyone seen the announcement of the Corsair 900D case? The thing is a monster, and internally its codename during development was "Godzilla". I really like my 800D, but definitely drooling over the new case. Looks like they took a lot of user feedback, mainly about lack of space for additional radiators, and went well overboard with the new implementation.

Here is the Launch page: http://www.corsair.com/900d

And here is a video shot at CeBit showing off the inside:

I had convinced myself I wouldn't be doing another build for a while, but with this case launching, I may reconsider...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Mr_Armageddon/Computer%20Stuff/CorsairObsidian900D_s_zpse8b3da04.jpg

I've been following all the lead-in on this monster since the unintentional release of the first images... (the 900D, that is)

It's most definitely the Ultimate Dream Technology Enclosure* as far as I'm concerned!

*seems too fancy to just refer to it as simply a PC case :D:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man! Great work! in this image you posted in post#7, looking at the image on the right, you have a ton of extra pins and connector pieces, did you put all this together yourself or did you buy it as a kit? Im just curious because ive been looking around to buy pins and those black connectors for when I redo the sleeving but I cant find any/dont know where to look :confused:...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7099/7048179865_a2092a7d12_c.jpg

Larger Image

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey man! Great work! in this image you posted in post#7, looking at the image on the right, you have a ton of extra pins and connector pieces, did you put all this together yourself or did you buy it as a kit? Im just curious because ive been looking around to buy pins and those black connectors for when I redo the sleeving but I cant find any/dont know where to look :confused:...

Thanks!!!

I purchased the majority of my connector pins along with my sleeving from MDPC, but I have also seen some on Performance-PCS that you can buy in bulk packs.

• 6 months later...
Yep, pretty sure that is all of them.

Alright, thank you!! :biggrin: And Also i am looking at build a new Gaming PC myself, and have used some ideas of your build, but would these parts be good?

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D Full ATX

Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Motherbord: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card

Sound Card: Debating if i need it or not

Hard Drive 1: Intel X-25m 160GB SSD (Operating System & Programs)

Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM (Game/Steam

Installs)

Hard Drive 3: Seagate 500GB (User Files)

Hard Drive 4: Seagate 2TB (Storage)

Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray / DVD+R

Fan Pump Controller: Looking around

Pump Controller: Looking around

Tubing: PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8in. ID x 5/8in. OD Tubing - Bloodshed Red Website: xoxide.com

Reservoir: XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in. Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's Website: sidewindercomputers.com

Pump: Swiftech MCP350 12 VDC Pump Website: swiftech.com

Radiator: X-Flow Black Ice Xtreme III Website: dangerden.com

CPU Block: Swiftech APOGEE HD Website: amazon.com

MoBo Block: (Unsure what type of MoBo Block i need for my MoBo, or if it even needs one)

Fittings: Enzotech Fittings

Fans: Cooler Master R4 120mm Red LED Fan R4-L2R-20AC-GP (x7) Website: pcpartpicker.com

Coolant: Distilled Water w/ Petra'sTech PT Nuke PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

Pump: Swiftech MCP350 12 VDC Pump Website: swiftech.com

Radiator: HardWare Labs GTX240 Website: dangerden.com

Also if you have a particular website so I'm not going site to site to site, that'd be helpful :biggrin: This is also my first Watercooled PC. I help a friend do his but other than that.

• 2 years later...
Anyone know if there is there some kind of a pin out diagram showing the difference between the AX and AXi series connectors? I have an AX1200 with custom cables (custom in both sleeve color and length). Lookin at updating my PSU, but would like to not have to re-sleeve all of the cables if possible. But if all it takes is switching a few pins, I'm fine with that. Thanks.

Archived