Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 replace one DIMM

aMondia

I have the Corsair CL9 1333Mhz XMS3 2x4096MB(CMX8GX3M2A1333C9) and I get errors in Memtest86.

I tested both DIMMs individually and only one gives me errors.

I'm not very good at this kind of stuff, but could I buy one CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 to replace the faulty DIMM or do I need to buy the 2x4096MB again?

I just had the same issue. You need to RMA and send them both back for a new kit. I bought a 8 gb kit brand new and unopened from a guy on craigslist to use until my Corsair kit gets back. The rma process is easy, especially for memory. You should get them in kits only, only way to make sure they'll work together.

Yes , you need to send in both sticks of the kit so receive a matched kit in return. If down time is a concern then once you receive an RMA number you'll need to contact CS by phone and ask them about an advanced RMA. That way they send you new modules BEFORE you have to send the old back in.

As far as packaging goes, it's not needed. Just be sure the modules are packed good so they are not damaged on the way.

To get your RMA started just use the link on the left. Go through the steps and wait for your RMA number.

If you are overseas , you can install skype and use that to make the call to CS

I'm just gonna buy a new 8gb kit and use the working 4gb one while it gets here.

I'd rather pay the 60$ then take the chance of downtime.

And if there is a problem with the new RAM I can use this 4gb stick while I RMA them. ^^

Thanks for the help though. =)

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

The memory will work with that MB, and just because a memory module is not listed on the MB makers QVL list does not mean it will not work only that it was not tested.

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let's get the set replaced as peanutz94 suggested.

Archived