Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9

Crylon

Crylon,

As i said on the Corsair forum, i set my vRam to 1.6v and the is stable @ 1866mhz with XMP Profile. Look at attachement.

Don't watch out/cry about my CPU temp, its because I maxed my vCore to the max to be sure that it was not a CPU issue.

http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1332351999.png

So now you have choice to run @ 1600 8-8-8-24 @1.5v

or 1866 9-10-9-27 @1.6v.

I go back at the other forum Crylon ;)

running oc @4.2ghz

what do you think? Especially about the temps. Is it normal that it switches from 3.3ghz to 4.2ghz during the stress test? I thought that once its under stress it stays at 4.2ghz

Crylon, you didn't mention that you were overclocking the CPU as well as the memory. That would have changed things.

Did you try running the memory with out the overclock? At 1866?

Just OC the memory there really should not be any need to increase VCORE, just memory buss and VTT. But with the CPU overclocked you may have to sacrifice RAM speed for CPU speed. Which really isn't a sacrifice. You'll get a better performance boost from the increase CPU oC vs the RAM

As long as you are stable now, your temps are fine. What are they atload?

@Jeff, he memory controller is not on the motherboard anymore. They now resid on the CPU which is why i gave Crylon the information i have. The kits should run at 1866mhz without an overclock on the CPU side of things. But if you are overclocking as high as you are you will probably going to sacrifice RAM speed for CPU speed.

To add to this yes , you need to add QPI0VTT which is memory controller voltage. If your kit will not run a 1866mhz WITHOUT an overclock at the rated voltages then you can RMA the kit. But if you recieve a second kit that does the same exact thing then it most likely the CPU's memory controller not being strong enough to run memory that high. The I-5'sare known for not being the best overclocker to begin with. As far as RAM goes.

@peanutz:

yes, at first I only tried ocing the memory leaving the cpu on auto.Now that I have a stable ram oc with 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 2T 1,5V I moved on to oc the cpu which is now running at 4.2ghz!

@Turboner: yes I'm running bios version 1.30

peanutz94 was right, I apologize.

Tested with QPI/VTT @ 1.12 and vRAM 1.6, still not working. Even with a boosted QPI/VTT the 2500k cant handle it, its working with the vcore @ 1.4, but for 4.2ghz, its ridiculous. So :

I passed the test with :

QPI/VTT 1.05

vRAM 1.5

Freq : 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2T (i ll test 8-8-8-24-2T)

And decent vCore.

I Wish you good luck for your CPU OC ;)

If you set memory at 1600Mhz

And you OC CPU after, memory run more then 1600MHz after that

Runing at 8-8-8-24 could give you BSOD

As memory test at 9-10-9-27

If it run stable like this it is ok

But is u still ave some issue

1- Set bios as default

2- activate XMP profile

3- set memory as manual to keep XMP latancy setting

4- set memory at 1600MHz

5- OC CPU

This way you ave XMP latancy setting at 1600MHz

U could OC CPU to keep memory lower then 1866MHz to keep it under factory testing speed

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

If you set memory at 1600Mhz

And you OC CPU after, memory run more then 1600MHz after that

Runing at 8-8-8-24 could give you BSOD

As memory test at 9-10-9-27

If it run stable like this it is ok

But is u still ave some issue

1- Set bios as default

2- activate XMP profile

3- set memory as manual to keep XMP latancy setting

4- set memory at 1600MHz

5- OC CPU

This way you ave XMP latancy setting at 1600MHz

U could OC CPU to keep memory lower then 1866MHz to keep it under factory testing speed

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Yes its 9-10-9-27 but for 1866Mhz, so it can be lower with lower Frequency.

• Corsair Employee

Jeff

Crylon is the O.P and when we answer a post we will normally address the thread owner or O.P. In this case should be Crylon.

If you have a an issue it would be best to start your own thread so things do not get confused.

Archived