Corsair Community

K90 doesn't work with SWTOR

robert3892

• 3 weeks later...
I've had some comments come my way that SWTOR doesn't work with the K90 keyboard. I think it's been mentioned in several other posts but thought I would point it out here.

The keyboard works but if you use the macro buttons or even worse try and use the gaming mouse (either of the two) and click a button it then somehow rewrites all the keys on the keyboard and all you can do is shut down the PC, restart and login again. Nothing you do without restarting will map the keyboard back to correct layout again.

For example pressing A will suddenly be @, or pressing T will be SHIFT etc. Should you be unlucky enough to logout and have a password set you will NOT be able to log back in to your PC. Not without hard-reseting your PC and replacing the keyboard+mouse with normal (better keyboard /mouse).

Ok my experience with SWTOR has been a bit different.

Basically to program my macro keys (I did this last night) I have been using the MR button to setup and do the programming.

I program directly via the keyboard, not via the software interface.

So I press in sequence.

MR

G key I wish to use

The sequence I want to use ALT F1

Then press MR again.

I did this on about half a dozen keys without any issue at all during a 4 hour

play session.

I do not have Hardware Playback selected. I am running 2.12 software.

Ok my experience with SWTOR has been a bit different.

Basically to program my macro keys (I did this last night) I have been using the MR button to setup and do the programming.

I program directly via the keyboard, not via the software interface.

So I press in sequence.

MR

G key I wish to use

The sequence I want to use ALT F1

Then press MR again.

I did this on about half a dozen keys without any issue at all during a 4 hour

play session.

I do not have Hardware Playback selected. I am running 2.12 software.

I'm sure it works for some under certain circumstances. But it certainly do not work for me. It's messes up my system something incredible. No keyboard or mouse should ever reset your entire symbol layout and make it possible to lock yourself out of your own system. I'm 100% sure it's not user error either as I'm computer engineer myself and something I work with every day.

First version software requires you to give admin rights to m90hid.exe and k90hid.exe. SWTOR is strange game since it needs admin rights to run. That's why all software interferencing with it needs to run with admin rights also. Being corsair keyboard/mouse or logitech keyboard/mouse software.

I haven't installed 2.12 yet, so maybe it runs with admin rights by default etc.

SW:TOR doesn't need admin rights for me, and AFAIK no software runs w/ admin rights by default as you have to give it those rights.

No need to argue here. Picture reveals everything. Look at the command line in UAC prompt and the -elevated switch. It's there. It's embedded in launcher. And it's same for everyone.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4830/swtoruac.png

Archived