Corsair Community

CX400W and +5v Usb Problems!!!

xtremegamer

Hi

My problem is sometimes USB devices Automatically ejecting and reconnecting, i think this doesnot happen with my mouse and Keyboard which is Usb, other devices like Gamepad, Mobile devices and Thumb drive have these issues, i have checked the +5V it's Steady @ 5.080 sometimes it drops to 5.040 but never goes below 5v, i have checked in My friend's Pc Which is having My same Motherboard and he's having a Generic PSU which Shows +5v @ 5.200 Steady, No problems there..... Is it a Power Supply Issue Help me Please...

My Voltages are +12V - 12.288~ 388V , +5V- 5.040~080V, +3V - 3.360V....

Capture.JPG.5fc17e93e317357821749b80f5d2c31b.JPG

• Corsair Employee

More then likely its an issue with the MB BIOS which may need to be updated but I would try and set the USB power from the +5 Volts instead of +5VSB.

Should be a jumper on the MB to change the power source, or try and connect these devices through a powered USB HUB.

Hi

yeah checked in different ports too, In Bios Same Voltages is it a Psu issue was fine with my Old mobo Intel DP35Dp, having issues with a new Mobo Asus P8H61-MLE......

What about +5v ? fine......

Your 5V voltage reading is fine, the spec is 5.0V. Your friends PSU at 5.2V is almost out of the ATX spec on the high side. Some cheap PSUs seem to set voltages higher than the standard so they won't go out of spec when under load.

Do you have the ASUS AI Charger utility installed? That allows devices charged from USB-type power to be charged faster. But with some older USB devices, they may be drawing to much power for various reasons. Does your problem happen on the PC case USB ports, or on the mother board I/O panel USB ports

Your 5V voltage reading is fine, the spec is 5.0V. Your friends PSU at 5.2V is almost out of the ATX spec on the high side. Some cheap PSUs seem to set voltages higher than the standard so they won't go out of spec when under load.

Do you have the ASUS AI Charger utility installed? That allows devices charged from USB-type power to be charged faster. But with some older USB devices, they may be drawing to much power for various reasons. Does your problem happen on the PC case USB ports, or on the mother board I/O panel USB ports

No mate, i didn't install that, I only installed Asus AI Suite, the problem doesnot happen on all Usb Devices, Eg: My WD Portable have no problems , some other devices like Gamepad, Mobiles and some Thumb drives have ejecting and reconnecting issues, waiting for reply from Asus.....

Have a Nice day...:)

Archived