Corsair Community

2.3.3.7, 2.2.3.6 ??!! What does at stand for please help me understand OC

I have CMX256 TwinX PC3700PT DFI LANParty Pro875 P4 northwood 2.4c. Im trying to OC my P4 to 3gig but i can only get it to 2.52 anything after that and it wont post, i set the CPU to +150mv and still no joy i tried +200mv not sure if this is the right way. Soo maybe its my RAM ? i set it to 3.3.3.8 (cas latency, ras/cas delay, ras, cycle) Can you guys help me to crack the 3 gig ? thanx loads

Try running the RAM by SPD or even better, setting the RAM timings manually at 3,4,4,8. The Samsung ICs used to make that RAM don't like the timings any lower than that. This should add to your stability. Also, run the RAM voltage at 2.7v. Be careful NOT to go over 1.7v on your CPU. In fact, I'd stay under 1.6v personally and make sure you have good case and CPU cooling. Mike.

Ok guys its still not running stable :( OC it to 3gig with 1.6v and the RAM with 3.4.4.8 2.7v and it passes all sisoft burn in test no prbs then will just reboot 10 mins later while doing nothing more than chatting on MSN with a temp of 32C :S Any ideas guys ?

I know it is boring but, try running at stock speeds for a bit and see if you get the same shutdowns. Also, (and I can't remember how to do this) you may want to try to have a look at the Event Viewer to see what the machine is doing at the time of the crash. I can't remember, did you ever try another power supply? This is an odd one but don't worry, we'll get it. Mike.

[quote name='Wired']yes, you may just be hitting the limits of the CPU! What is the default speed / FSB of the CPU?[/QUOTE] It's a 2.4c so as to the CPU I would bet that it will run the settings he is trying to run. But, to eliminate variables, I suggested going to default on the CPU and RAM. Mike.

its been running at default speeds since i bought it at christmas and not had the prob with reboots only when running a certain game. I found out that my primary HDD was heavily fragged so ive run a Pro defrag application on it and set virtual memory to 250mb initial/max. Testing it at 2.8 at the minute and no reboots will see in 30mins :D Thanx for all your help guys i will keep you posted. Dave

Archived