Corsair Community

New Build - PSU queries

Bearo

Hi all,

I've recently built a new system.

My question is, when I originally looked for parts, the AMD/ATI site had information stating that the TX750 would be enough to crossfire 2 HD6950's. However, the corsair PSU advisor says i need a TX950...

I know i should have checked both, but the TX750 came recommended by overclockers.co.uk forums.

I would like to Crossfire my Sapphire HD6950 2GB's but don't want to find I need a new PSU especially as I've spent £80 on this TX750.

Any advice is appreciated.

B

It should be enough if you don;t intent to extreme overclock your GPU. give it a try and see if its fine. i would get the 850 or 950 just for the power efficiency (the 80+ Gold).

if you already have the TX750 and its running stable then there is no need to upgrade it to a 850 or 950 power supply.

It should be enough if you don;t intent to extreme overclock your GPU. give it a try and see if its fine. i would get the 850 or 950 just for the power efficiency (the 80+ Gold).

if you already have the TX750 and its running stable then there is no need to upgrade it to a 850 or 950 power supply.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't intend to overclock the gpu, but that still means I'll need to spend £220 on a second card to "give it a try and see if its fine"... What would be a tell-tale sign of it not being enough? No boot, performance? error messages?

Cheers

:D:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't intend to overclock the gpu, but that still means I'll need to spend £220 on a second card to "give it a try and see if its fine"... What would be a tell-tale sign of it not being enough? No boot, performance? error messages?

Cheers

:D:

RAM GUY is right it if there is not enough power then the GPU will operate at a slower rate than stock. you will notice these symptoms in Online games when maxed out eg ( FPS Lag).

Archived