Corsair Community

TX750W with GTX 460?

k0ffle

Well, i purchased the 750TX psu last week as my friend had recommended it to me. So far im very unhappy with it.

Problem A: There are two connections from the psu to the mobo, one of them being the 24-pin and the other being the 8 pin. Im using the Sabertooth x58 (asus) mobo, and the 8-pin connection from the psu doesn't fit into the mobo's slot. Someone told me i could use 4 pins instead of 8, so i guess its not my biggest concern, but still a problem.

Problem B: The PCI-E connectors don't fit my GPU. The back of my gpu looks like this: http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/605/mygpu.png

And the pci-e connection looks like this: http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7118/mypci.jpg

a friend said i should look for converters that would fit my GPU, but the converters dont fit, and are also missing a pin where the GPU has a pin.

2/10 so far for this psu.

-angry first (and last time) customer

Did you try putting them in, or are you just comparing square versus rounded holes? That cable will indeed fit in either of the connectors on that video card, and I suspect the 8 pin will also fit into the correct port on the motherboard just fine.

In short, they're rounded for max compatibility. It'll still only fit one way as a whole connector.

Did you try putting them in, or are you just comparing square versus rounded holes? That cable will indeed fit in either of the connectors on that video card, and I suspect the 8 pin will also fit into the correct port on the motherboard just fine.

In short, they're rounded for max compatibility. It'll still only fit one way as a whole connector.

Wired is entirely correct. This PSU is 100% compatible with both the board and the GPU.

The peeps who designed the plugs and sockets are geniuses. You can't put a wire anywhere that will cause it to short. If your CPU socket has 8 pins, be sure and plug in all 8. Otherwise you might end up under-volting your cpu. Same goes for your 2x 6 pin connectors on your GPU.

Archived