Corsair Community

My experience with Corsair

Ever since I started building my own (and friends & family's) computers, I've always used Corsair products. In the beginning it was more so due to recommendations by friends and online forums.

Although Corsair products generally seem more expensive than others, I can see why people (including myself) still buy their products.

Lately I've had some issues with my memory modules. After a few replacements with unsatisfactory results, Corsair bent over backwards and replaced my modules with a "top of the line" set. Until now, I've never encountered a situation where a company would lose out on money just to keep the customer happy. An example would be: you purchase a 3 series BMW and they upgrade you to a 5 series at no cost for your inconvenience. That's unheard of.

I've dealt with many companies throughout my life, and there are just a handful of which are considered top notch. And recently I realized that Corsair is definitely one of them. (May even exceed them based on my current experience so far)

Just wanted to express my gratitude, and hope you guys keep up the good work.

Oh I have a question.

Under memtest, it's showing different part number for the modules.

- Slot 0 : 4096 MB PC3-8500 - Corsair CMP12GX3M3A2000C9

- Slot 1 : 4096 MB PC3-8500 - Corsair CMT12GX3M3A2000C9

- Slot 2 : 4096 MB PC3-8500 - Corsair CMP12GX3M3A2000C9

You notice how only slot 1 is CMT? Is this normal?

• Corsair Employee
The SPD information is the same for both of those part numbers but it does appear that one module was miss programed at the factory, however as long as they are running properly I would not be too concerned. But if you like I have no problem at all if you would like to get them replaced.

Archived