Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN Rev3.1 Warranty Question

Oj0

Hi guys,

I bought a kit of TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFING Revision 3.1 recently (Micron D9GTR/D9GTS) with a faulty stick and the local etailer and supplier can't replace it with the same product. Can I RMA direct to Corsair and get the EXACT same RAM in return? The etailer is offering "Corsair CMT4GX3M2A1866C9 Dominator GT DHX 2x2GB DDR3-1866 1.65v CL9" which is NOT Micron RAM, which I need to go with my current 2x1GB from another manufacturer.

Many thanks!

Don't think that memory is made anymore. Not even Corsair can guarantee which IC you'd get, and they can't guarantee compatibility with two different kits. Not to mention that mixing memory of different sizes isn't recommended either.

Fill out the RMA form on the left and they'll tell you if it's available anymore, and if it isn't, what they can replace it with.

If I get the 4GB I don't plan to use my old RAM, I'll keep them for 2.4v benching :D

I've filled out the RMA form, I'm ONLY interested in RMAing through Corsair direct if they can guarantee the same modules in return. The etailer I purchased from is willing to upgrade to 2x2GB, but not using the ICs I want.

Fill out the RMA form on the left and they'll tell you if it's available anymore, and if it isn't, what they can replace it with.

That implies they'll let me know what they'd send? If not, I'm just going to go for the 4GB.

Archived