Corsair Community

Force Series F120 - Firmware

billybob123

Hi billybob123 I'm having your same issue. I've installed my brand new Corsair F120 on an Asus EEEPC 904ha, and performing at most 120MB/sec for R/W.

Very disappointed right now, I tried reinstalling intel chipset drivers, now I'm waiting a couple of days before upgrading to Firmware V2

your EEEPC is capped at sata1, it will never perform at sata2 speeds from all the spec pages i looked at in the past 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit stale, but to billybob123 and others with a ThinkPad T6x or other ICH8M based system who may not have found an answer yet, I kindly refer you to this thread:

This lengthy discussion (of which I've only read a couple pages) details your situation - basically, the system is configured (BIOS locked) for 1.5Gbps SATA (even though the ICH8M *is* capable of 3Gbps SATA). There's a possible work-around described in post #44 (page 5), but it's DIY and use at your own risk. The end of the thread includes a link to a second parallel thread (with more recent posts) regarding the same issue.

For reference, I have an F120 installed in an HP 6930p laptop and it's running close to spec'd speeds (ATTO results attached). It has Intel chipset support v9.1.1.1025 and Intel RST v9.6.0.1014 installed.

On a side note, don't forget that WinXP doesn't include support for "native SATA" as WinXP predates SATA. To install WinXP in AHCI mode, you need to either use the "F6" method with the appropriate driver disk or slipstream the AHCI driver into the WinXP installation CD. If you have an existing WinXP installation in IDE mode, switching to ACHI mode results in a BSOD - there are ways around this, but it's beyond the scope of this thread.

Don't think it's the answer people were hoping for, but I do hope you find the info useful.

- nn6o

6930pF120.png.6fe433053b4c55227a44eeec04691003.png

• 7 months later...

On a side note, don't forget that WinXP doesn't include support for "native SATA" as WinXP predates SATA. To install WinXP in AHCI mode, you need to either use the "F6" method with the appropriate driver disk or slipstream the AHCI driver into the WinXP installation CD. If you have an existing WinXP installation in IDE mode, switching to ACHI mode results in a BSOD - there are ways around this, but it's beyond the scope of this thread.

- nn6o

Old thread, but the only one I thought I could post my question to.

Does the above also hold true for Win 7? I have installed my Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on IDE mode (ignorance on my part), and if I try to change it to ACHI, I get a BSOD on windows startup. I have CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT, with FW version 2.0 Also I have the latest BIOS on the MoBo.

I have had to reinstall my windows too many times this year due to broken HDDs, so if there is any other option for solving this, I would really like to know about it.

Old post, but the only one I thought I could post my question to.

Does the above also hold true for Win 7? I have installed my Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on IDE mode (ignorance on my part), and if I try to change it to ACHI, I get a BSOD on windows startup. I have CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT, with FW version 2.0 Also I have the latest BIOS on the MoBo.

I have had to reinstall my windows too many times this year due to broken HDDs, so if there is any other option for solving this, I would really like to know about it.

Look in the stickies, there is a sticky on how to switch WIN7 from IDE to AHCI.

Archived