Corsair Community

Glue and my 800d Problems

Vengar

Let me first state I love my 800d. It is one of the highlights of my rig. It was a pleasure to build a machine into. Anyway until recently I had no decided to remove the plastic wrap from the metal plating on the front of the case. I did so recently and it was extremely difficult to remove. That's fine I don't mind putting in a little effort to remove a protective coating, but the residue left over from the glue is unacceptable. I don't want to use too many chemicals on it because I don't really know much about the glue they used.

Anyone else have this issue or have an idea what I can do to remove this ugly glue all over my case?

I have the H50, 800D, 12gb of Corsair ram, a 1000w corsair psu and more corsair stuff in my htpc so I am a big fan, but this issue with this case annoys me so much because I have to look at it ever day.

wow , that looks bad , how long were they on for before you removed them and how hot is it where you are . Mine were left on for ~ 6 weeks while i was building but its only slightly warm here at the best of times :o: and they came off easily with no mess .

Yeah, how hot was it? I have had mine on for quite some time, and planned to leave them on for another month at least while I worked on the build.

Still, I would think an e-tail warehouse would be pretty warm and it could be there for more than a month...maybe they had a bad batch of glue?

Now I kinda wanna try to peel mine off :-/

I did leave the plastic on for a while, but I never let the room my machine has been in 100% of the time get too hot. I live in SoCal. I am starting to think where ever it was stored after I made the purchase (like a shipping facility it was extremely hot). Honestly who knows I just know it looks terrible I don't think there's anyway to get it looking like it would had the glue not caused the problem in the first place. I submitted an inquiry to Corsair support with no response. All I really want to do is just replace the one part.

Archived