Corsair Community

Upgraded HX620 to NEW HX750 and PC won't boot

littlefire

Hello,

I recently built a new system. Everything works fine with my 3+ year old Corsair HX620 watt psu. However, I just purchased a new HX750 and the pc won't boot. A few lights turn on (cmos reset led on the back and two led lights on the board itself) but nothing else happens, no fans even turn on or anything.

The new 750 watt psu does start using the paper clip trick and will run a case fan. I made sure I used only the new modular cables with the new psu and had reset the bios to defaults.

Testing the voltages, my old HX620 reads exactly 5.00 on the gray wire. However, the new one only reads like 4.62. Could that low voltage cause the board to not boot?

• Corsair Employee

Any way you can test the HX750 in a different system just to be 100% sure that the unit is causing the problem? It could be that the HX750 is detecting a short or ground that the HX620 is not, but it seems most likely that the HX750 is causing the problem if everything works fine with the other PSU.

Request an RMA

I don't have another comparable system to try it in.

My only concern is I just purchased this so will I be sent a brand new psu or a refurbished one? I would rma it to the seller but I don't think it's fair they should be stuck dealing with it. I've only bought 4 Corsair products and this will be the second that has been doa (other was a stick of ram in a kit). However, the ones that work have been fantastic.

• 2 years later...
I have had a similar problem and it is beginning to kill me. I turn on my Corsair HX 750 Gold psu and it goes for about 8 seconds and then turns off killing all power to my motherboard and making my computer unusable. PLEASE how can i solve this?

I would rma it to the seller but I don't think it's fair they should be stuck dealing with it

Why, it's part of their job. Besides if it is local it would be faster to go that route. They would ultimatle ship it back to Corsair at one point anyway.

Either way you decide to go, If you choose to RMA it with Corsair you would receive a brand new unit. They do not send out refurbed units.

@Benrauch, could you please start your own thread filling out your system specs and provide us with as much information as possible along with any trouble shooting steps have taken.

Archived