Corsair Community

DDR3 1600 running at 1333Mhz on Asus P7P55D Pro

ramfarmer

Hi,

I am a total hardware noob so bear with me. :-)

I just had a new computer put together with 4 x 2G CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 memory. I noticed in the BIOS that the memory speed was listed as 1333 MHz so I installed a tool that displays hardware information for Windoze and it agrees that the memory speed is 1333 MHz -- in fact it lists the memory as DDR3 1333, not 1600.

I have read the threads regarding what appears to be similar problems with different hardware and there was a post saying to start new threads for each hardware configuration. I don't see one matching my specs so I am starting this one.

In one of these threads posters were being asked to "Please post CPU-Z screen shots of your SPD tabs." If someone could tell me how to do this I would be happy to oblige. Also, I read in a few posts something about XMP, which I also don't understand.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

So I made two mistakes in my original post. I did not see the RAM frequency in the BIOS, I noticed it as output to the screen during the boot. Also, the tool that lists hardware shows my memory as DDR3 1333 with a speed of 667 MHz.

In the BIOS I changed the setting for DRAM Frequency to 1600 from "Auto" but there does not appear to be any change.

Thanks. I switched to XMP in the BIOS. How can I tell what speed my memory is operating at though? The tool I am using to display hardware information doesn't show any difference since I made the change. It still lists the memory as DDR3 1333 with a speed of 667 MHz. And, unless I am mistaken, the Windoze device manager doesn't list the memory at all.

Archived