Corsair Community

x64: it's not all that bad it seems... (question for Ram Guy)

Romeo Real

Hi everyone,

after figuring out how to actually do "secure erase" and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 four days ago, the performance still seems to be intact. The drive is only used as a boot drive, and everything else goes to 15k SAS drives in Raid 0, including temp files, browser cache, page file etc.

My question is about the Performance Recovery feature that is in the FAQ for the X series drives: is it actually implemented or was it going to be part of interim firmware (prior to trim support) which Corsair decided not to release?

When I do google search on this feature, it seems that it was only implemented between Indillnx and another SSD manufacturer ******** but there is no mention of Corsair.

So, is this feature present and active in X series firmware 1.0 and what effects does it have on performance? Any links / documents regarding this feature?

Thanks in advance!

My question is about the Performance Recovery feature that is in the FAQ for the X series drives: is it actually implemented
This is answered in the FAQ. It says that they have firmware v1.0 and that this version of firmware includes the performance recovery feature.

It's never been stated that they've decided not to release firmware. They're just doing due diligence considering that those who have released firmware have had issues.

The only place this feature was ever mentioned was that FAQ paragraph. Since that feature is never mentioned anywhere else (that I could find) I tend not to blindly accept it's there just because it was mentioned in the FAQ.

From the FAQ for the X series:

Q: Will the performance of my X-Series SSD reduce over time?

A: X-Series SSDs with firmware v1.0 include a “Performance Recovery” feature, which allows the controller to maintain optimal performance over time. This feature operates automatically while the drive is idle. It is also possible to restore the performance of X-Series SSDs using the “Wiper.exe” tool, which can be downloaded from the Corsair forum shortly.

Wired:

Please read RAM GUY's response and then read your answer again.

Archived