Corsair Community

Just finished a build with the 800D

Vengar

I finally got this case and put it together last night. I did run into problems with the EVGA x58 Classified and the H50 radiator being to big so I rotated it with the hoses at the top my concern now though is that the NB heatsink and radiator are touching (does that matter?) as it was still a very tight squeeze and I feel like I forced the rad in there. My temps seem to be good so far. I dummy OC'd my i7 920 to 3.2 because I am new to overclocking and haven't taken the time to fully understand the i7's OC process. That being said the cpu is staying below 30 degrees so far at idle. The NB (per the bios) is usually between 50 and 60 (is that normal?). It seems like I have plenty of room for a couple more video cards, I am just waiting on the 300's to get released or announced or whatever the hell. Anyway I am new to the forums so go easy. Here are a couple pics (quality isn't as good as it could be but you get the idea). If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6088&d=1257255150

attachment.php?attachmentid=6089&d=1257255189

1471181653_openPCfinished.thumb.JPG.befc1bd3ef0e5d902643ab71ba98d45b.JPG

462617513_AllFinished.JPG.96da6942447c55b818b674cec0077c24.JPG

Is the radiator and the heatsink "touching" or is it like mine. I could mount the H50 if it pushes the heatsink out of the way. I won't want to wonder if prolonged pressure caused a problem, so I mounted mine temporarily using one 140mm hole and the grill.

After I get a resolution to the mis-drilled holes on the backplain, I'll probably add some new mounting hole so it clears the heatsink.

BTY, Do you have a 759 or 76x board? I see some people seem to mount it without issue. I wonder if they're also people who remounted the heatsink after replacing the TIM? It might be possible to shift it slightly forward to make clearance.

Is the radiator and the heatsink "touching" or is it like mine. I could mount the H50 if it pushes the heatsink out of the way. I won't want to wonder if prolonged pressure caused a problem, so I mounted mine temporarily using one 140mm hole and the grill.

After I get a resolution to the mis-drilled holes on the backplain, I'll probably add some new mounting hole so it clears the heatsink.

BTY, Do you have a 759 or 76x board? I see some people seem to mount it without issue. I wonder if they're also people who remounted the heatsink after replacing the TIM? It might be possible to shift it slightly forward to make clearance.

Hey Deees,

There is slight pressure on the NB heatsink, but not enough for me to have any concerns at this point. The strategy I used in getting it successfully mounted was to force it in place then first screw in (from the back) the top left, top right, and bottom right screws as tightly as I could before even trying to tighten the final screw. Honestly I was in such a hurry to get this thing up and running last night I dont know which board I have. By the way the pictures arent best quality because I spent some money on som awesome Corsair products to build me mah dream pc as opposed to buying a new camera.

You know Deees what I might consider doing is modifying just the bottom left part of the vent.

Anyway Take Care,

Vengar

It's the 760 by the way.

• 1 month later...

Archived