Corsair Community

Asus P5Q Deluxe with 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5

jdftwrth

Hi there, i have been running my current system pretty hard since it was built 3 weeks ago and have had no problems till yesterday, went to install another drive in a raid array and when i powered the system up i immediately got a bios failure.

I removed the new drive and tried to power on. Vista would start to boot and then blue screen, i tried many different permutations of hard drives and even tried to reinstall vista and xp but could not get past blue screens.

This morning called asus tech support, they had me pull all 4 sticks of memory out and the try each one buy itself, finally isolated the problem to one of the sticks of memory.

I am currently running with 3 sticks of memory and would like to get the bad stick replaced, what do i have to do to accomplish this?

Thanks,

JD

• Corsair Employee

That part is not available as a single module and can only be replaced as a set, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. (TWIN2X4096-8500C5)

And With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• Corsair Employee

Do you have 1.0 Gig memory modules IE TWIN2X2048-8500C5D or 2.0 Gig modules IE TWIN2X4096-8500C5D would be the respective part numbers for the kit??

And yes the settings would be the same if they are 1.0 or 2.0 Gig sets.

Thanks for the reply...

When I have memory sticks installed in all four dimm slots, i have a total of 8 gb of ram installed. So using your nomenclature i would have to say that I have (TWIN2X4096-8500C5) sticks installed.

Sorry for the confusion...

JD

Archived