Corsair Community

Issue with Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H and CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

tiho

Hello to all,

Few days ago I purchased Gigabyte ma785gmt -ud2h mobo paired with a set of Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 memory... I'm using onboard GPU (even though I tried dedicated GPU to eliminate GPU issue possibility...). If I stick only one chip, I'm able to boot up properly. First stick work fine on its own, 2nd one can pass booting 50% of time, however paired together system cannot past start up and it hangs without picture producing 3-4 long beeps, before it restarts in endless loop. I tried several memory settings (1600Mhz, 1333Mhz) while boosting DDR voltage to 1.65 and 1.7V without success. Thanks for help...

Here is the response from Gigabyte:

Dear customer,

Please test with monitor connect to onboard VGA, and follow procedure below:

First, make sure the 24 pin ATX and other 4 pin 12v power both are connected to mother board, then disconnect all drive cable and remove all memory from mother board, take onboard cell battery out for 5 sec clear CMOS , put in single stick memory on slot close to cpu. Check if system can boot into bios setting, reset bios to load fail-safe defaults and load optimized defaults.

Mother board bios memory voltage setting is base on 1.5v ( default voltage ), please check current model memory voltage spec if it's higher then 1.5v, go in bios under M/B intelligent tweaker memory voltage control item adjust memory voltage to match memory voltage needs .

For example: current memory is 1.7v, go in bios M/B intelligent tweaker on memory voltage control item change to 1.7v, this will match the current model memory voltage spec, if problem still , swap out other stick memory on same slot test again, this can help to find out if one of the memory was not stable cause issue.

I tried boosting both DDR3 Voltage Control and CPU NB VID Control without success... Problem is still here... The only way I can past BIOS with both memory sticks is if I a completely shut down PS... Any consecutive restart and computer hangs as mentioned above. With 1st memory stick alone everything works fine even after restarting, however 2nd one works 2-3 times and then same thing happened again.

Archived