Corsair Community

CM2X1024-8500C5D one module not working

rt182

Hi

My computer just recently started playing up, freezing etc. Then one day didnt start at all. It says these Ram sticks should run @ 1066 but when i set that in the bios i dont even get a boot. I have my voltages at the stated on the ram. I have an asus motherboard and when i turn it on the freezes on DETDRAM on my little post screen. I looked this up and people say its a RAM problem. The computer start fine if i reset the bios and take the problem stick out. If i take that one out and place the "faulty" stick back in the compuer again wont boot. i cant run memtest because i cant boot with the "faulty" stick in my computer.

Please advise.

regards

rt182.

I did try to run all 4 sets @ 1066 but my computer was very unstable and would freeze a lot. Yes each set was tested on its own i didnt have any problems when I had the other set in so I have just been excluding them from the tests atm. Ive currently been using my desktop with the good set in and one ram stick in from the "faulty" set and its been stable for the past 3 days.

Thanks I've placed then settings stated and I can boot the computer but everytime I let it load into windows about 30s in with the bar going across the screen I get a really fast bluescreen and the computer restarts this happens over and over like an endless loop untill I shut it down.

• Corsair Employee

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If you like contact us directly at 1-800-205-7657 so we can see if its possible to use your old RMA# from before. =)

Archived