Corsair Community

Computer flashes on then immediately shutsoff

weezer353

Hey everyone,

I built a gaming pc about 2 months ago and everything was going pretty good. I was playing games like left 4 dead, deadspace, bioshock..etc and all of a sudden the screen turned black and the sound looped everytime I would play almost any game. So I posted on another forum and they thought it was my PSU. This is what I had before: Thermaltake Purepower 500W power supply ATX 12V 2.0

Someone on there suggested the amps were too low and needed to buy another PS, so I bought the corsair vx450 and when I installed it, I made sure everything was hooked up completely and the power blipped on for half a second and shutoff everytime. I fiddled around with it for a few hours with no such luck. Then I decided to install my Thermaltake PS again and now that doesn't work. It does the exact same thing as the corsair. Does anyone have any idea what I should do? Thank you for your help in advance, I really appreciate it!

i did make some progress. I just tested the 24 pin connecter and that actually worked fine. So what I did was added one cable at a time and turned on my computer with each one so i could see where the problem lied. I finally figured out it was the hard drive. Its a SATA hard drive, but once I connect it..the computer doesnt turn on at all, once I disconnect it, the computer turns on. Does anyone have any idea what to do? This is a really strange problem. The hard drive was working fine a couple days ago, its only a couple months old.

Archived