Corsair Community

Dead stick of TR3X6G1866C7GT (need rma)

One night I came home to a locked up workstation, after hearing about defective GT modules I knew it was related.

I rebooted the box and only 4GB of memory showed up in the BIOS instead of 6GB. Turns out 1 stick is stone dead after testing each one.

The sticks were running at default timings, 1.65V and at 1600MHz, which is well below the rated specs of 1866MHz. The stick just died, no signs of degradation prior. The system was idling at the time.

Another question, do I have to ship the fan kit back too when RMA'ing these or just the set of 3 modules?

I have a problem with the same set of memory.

Just last night I noticed memory usage wasn't as high along with a ton of HDD activity while playing Crysis. I checked task manager and noticed only 4GB being seen instead of 6GB. I Haven't tested the modules yet, but have had no problems since initial install. I began to research and found that these modules have been having problems.

RamGuy: I ordered these directly from the online store March 13th. Should I attempt to test them myself using Memtest, or should I RMA the modules because of already know symptoms with that batch?

*edit: I checked the Tech Support Express area for the RMA info, but my set of memory is not listed. I see the TR3X3G2000C7GTF but not the TR3X6G1866C7GT.

Well, just for giggles, I tried to boot each stick individually in each blue DIMM. Of course, one stick didn't even post in any DIMM. My computer was in "locked" state right when I powered it on and never changed. So I'd say she's a dead. I hope Ram Guy can tells us what we need to do in order to RMA these sets properly. I don't want to use the online RMA tool if my model number isn't listed. It just doesn't seem right....

Anywho.... Enjoy

Archived