Corsair Community

HX 1000 Advise

MJRL

I don't know if the problem i have its power supply related or the problem is with my EVGA GTX 280.

My first HX 1000 sudendly couldn't power on my vga, sometimes it power up and sometimes don't, i also tried other pci-express rails (and cables) and was the same, sometimes i get the red led on the vga, and sometimes i get de green led followed by 3 beeps and no post, then it didn't power at all, but all other components still function, motherboard, hard drives, fans, water pump only no post. I put a 4870 to test and it works, even with stress tests, put the gtx 280 and it dont work.

First i thought it was my gtx 280, but i tested 2 days with another power supply and it works, so the store send my power supply to rma.

Today i a get a new hx1000 from rma, and a new MB (the last one was with a Asus RE), first time i turned the pc on to put water in the watercooling system it all run fine with post, then after a reset no post again with the new power supply, all the same as the first HX1000.

I don't know what to think or what to do, so advise needed or sugestions, maybe if i could get other gtx 280 i will try, since the first hx1000 work fine with a ati 4870, and see if its vga related, but its dificult to get another gtx 280.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

here is the rail diagram for HX1000

attachment.php?attachmentid=3676&d=1213300907

If you have tried the two fixed PCI-E cables, then try two modular PCI-Es plug into the 12V1 sockets.

I've seen that diagram in the fixed topics.

Thanks, it was VGA related.

But the guys in the store thought that i was joking, when i came with my computer everything run fine, only in the 6 time that i turn it on don't boot, then we change the vga to another pc and was the same.

Been dealing with hardware for long years and never have seen something like this...

• 4 months later...
I've seen that diagram in the fixed topics.

Thanks, it was VGA related.

But the guys in the store thought that i was joking, when i came with my computer everything run fine, only in the 6 time that i turn it on don't boot, then we change the vga to another pc and was the same.

Been dealing with hardware for long years and never have seen something like this...

that diagram is backwards in comparison to my psu

Archived