Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager 64GB - Fake?

Hotrod

• Corsair Employee

NO that is not exactly what I stated.

And yes if a reseller is not on the list but they purchased from an authorized source they would be considered and authorized reseller while not being officially on the list.

And the Question was how do I protect my self from purchasing a fake product and this was my answer to only purchase from resellers listed on our site.

That does not mean to say that a reseller that you know and trust who may have our products for sale who is not listed would not be covered. I think you are putting more onto what I stated. And Our warranty policy is quite clear in reference to this.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Deals Direct are still selling 16GB "refurbished" drives, so they have obviously not learnt their lesson - link: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/corsair-16gb-flash-voyager-usb-2-0-drive/

I recently purchased a Genuine 64GB Corsair Flash Voyager from AusPCMarket (who list speeds), despite the expensive price tag of AU$238. I still think these drives are way overpriced in Australia, as this should be no more than say AU$150 - http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input[product_code]=AL-CMFUSBHC-64GB&input[category_id]=1735

At least I have a genuine product and a 10 year warranty. Whats the best utility to test out the transfer rate of my new drive and should it be formatted as "exFAT" (Windows 7) or NTFS?

The file system you use is up to you, but if you use "exFAT" it will only be usable in Windows 7 systems.

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance.

FYI: With Windows 7 when you choose format you only have the choice of ExFAT (Default) or NTFS, no other alternative. So looks like if you want to do a FAT32 format you must rely on Windows Vista.

• 8 months later...

I bought a flash voyager at the end of 2009. It worked for a week and then failed. Tried on various computers but no luck.

Paid $100 or so to a MAC store for mine. I certainly didn't think it was a counterfeit, but must have been since it failed so quickly.

It's sad that these counterfeit flash drives are out there. I did report the problem to MAC store, but they say my warranty is with Corsair. Told Corsair about the problem. They apologized and offered to send me a replacement, but since I had personal data on this drive, I wasn't comfortable with sending it back to the company. Willing to send the cap back. :)

I'd not buy another corsair. At present, I'm out my $100 and the material that was stored on the flashdrive. And if you're wondering why I didn't have a backup. This flashdrive was being used at the time to backup a reformat of my computer. Didn't have time to recopy what was lost before the drive failed.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived