So can this be rectified quickly?

Can a "Where to Buy" link be added in a sticky above, together with

at minimum, enlarged 3@view pictures of:

An authentic 64 GB

An authentic 16 (or any other standard) GB

A fake 64 GB

Additionally:

there are almost certainly fake 16 GB GTs about but

are other of your sticks being forged as well.

Name who and where NOT to buy from, and update the list quicly if necessary.

My regards

Other, perhaps more sophisticated, options may be added to counter this most serious and damaging problem

Addendum:

I haven't checked but what, for example, does "Web of Trust" say about the illegal suppliers?

Buy from a reputable store and you should be fine. As for the website, that's not a button, only a dropdown, and in that pic the page hasn't fully loaded, hence why it may not be fully working.

Hi again,

Your advice to buy from a reputable store is excellent but not very helpful because so few prospective buyers have read it, or will read it.

I clicked on the tab and nothing happened. What does it matter if it's a button or a drop-down-list (especially when it doesn't drop down).

So now I google for supplier and price and I find a presumably cheap supplier in China. If I am, as many thousands are, so foolish as to believe my luck then I'm another dissatisfied customer.

Serious problems need serious thought - so rather than glib answers, with your knowledge I would think you could add to my suggestions, as you did, rather than brush over any sensible idea.

My regards

• Corsair Employee

We are looking into this but some of these pages were just posted in the last few weeks and may be in the process of being updated but I will point these out and see if we need to make some changes.

In addition, I am sorry that some have chosen to try and steal from people in this manor and we are working on ways to prevent this and protect our customers. However, with some countries it is very difficult to stop this type of practice. And as wired mentioned as long as you purchase from one of the resellers on our Where to Buy list there will never be a problem and most of the problems I have seen involve EBay or Amazon. So never buy from another user on line at EBay or Amazon and I don't think you will ever have a problem.

You shouldn't need to tell people to buy from respectable stores. They should already know the risks when they purchase from a place they have no previous trust in. In otherwords, buying from some random person online guarantees nothing. You don't know where they got it from or if it's real or not. Hence why the warranty doesn't apply to items bought from end users.

Corsair already has a link on their site saying where to buy their products from, so that covers the consumers. They know they can trust it because Corsair is stating they have involvement with these stores. I doubt you'd see Corsair get into specifics about who NOT to buy from, as they could be easily sued for libel.

To correct myself, it is a button. However, if neither it or the dropdown fails to work for you, then you should refresh the page and clear your cache. The website works fine for me.

I did not "brush off" your comments, nor are my responses glib. If you are talking about the suggestions of images on the website, that's up to Corsair, not my place to comment on. As for other links at the top of this forum, the forum is strictly for tech support. The banner at the top goes to the main page of Corsair's website, and hence all other information can be gathered from there.

As for what is being forged and what is not, I can only assume from what I've seen over the years that EVERYTHING is being forged.

Hi both,

The point is that is the only drop-down-list that does nothing, even after twice refreshing and waiting ages each time. If I were that bothered I could investigate and perhaps get it to work - but much more likely I would google for supplier and price. Do you think what works for you works for all?

Your bankers are and were greedy and stupid. On 23rd April 2008 at a dinner I expressed the opinion that bankers should be shot, tortured first, and then shot. The guy next to me said "Why don't you come off the fence?".

Countless people, including politicians, are greedy and stupid. Many, however should know better. Imagine Corsair were a two man partnership, pretend we're in a deep recesssion, that theft, corruption and dishonourable acts will continue, and that your own jobs may be on the line.

Read everything I say carefully, by all means discard it and do something better. To me minutes are important - never mind weeks.

My regards

Hi,

As I said, so the drop-down works for you. So what? It doesn't for me.

I bring to the scene an alert agile mind uncluttered by knowledge or ideas.

The object must surely be to eliminate piracy as far as possible? Do you agree?

My regards

Did you clear your cache and refresh the page? What version of FF are you using? Have you tried installing the missing plugins as indicated in your screenshot and/or allowing the 4th script to run?

Archived