Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D wont run at 1066MHz

HuRt

Ok when I frist got this ram and set the settings 5-5-5-15-2t at 2.1v and the right MHz and I would start gaming it would lock up and crash. So I set it up as if it were 800Mhz ram and everything was stable and would run fine. Can anyone tell me why this is?

I just did a rma on my motherboard because the memory controller went bad on it (evga680i) they think and the memory on the new board will still cause the post error c1. I know it could still be a motherboard issue so I sent the ram with a friend who also has same system as me to try it in his at 1066 where his is set and to do a memtest on it. If any of it fails the memtest or is still unstable at 1066 in his system can I rma it?

sorry I dont have them here to get the numbers but i have the paper that came with them. cm2x1024-8500c5d is what the paper says. They are two 1gig sticks.

Ok I just got done talking to the friend that was going to try my ram in his system. When he puts the ram in his system it wont post he tried one stick at a time and it still wouldnt post got a d1 error. He put his ram back in and it was fine. I really think I have two bad sticks. This would be the 3rd motherboard Ive tried them in all with the same results. Cant get the systems to post to run a memtest.

Ok when I frist got this ram and set the settings 5-5-5-15-2t at 2.1v and the right MHz and I would start gaming it would lock up and crash. So I set it up as if it were 800Mhz ram and everything was stable and would run fine. Can anyone tell me why this is?

Its possible that your friend did not cleared the cmos on his board, before using your modules, wich could be the reason why his system did not posted.

800mhz produces less load on the memory controller and on the modules itself.

before entering these settings, make sure you clear the CMOS as mentioned in your user manual. Also make sure your board has the latest bios.

Now enter the bios and load up setup defaults, save and exit the bios.

Re-enter the bios fill in the settings as mentioned below, save and exit bios.

SLI-Ready Memory = Disabled
CPU Freq. MHz = 266
CPU Muliplier = 9
x FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
x FSB Memory Ratio = Auto
x FSB (QDR), MHz = 1066
X MEM (DDR), MHz = 1066
Memory Timing Setting

CL Cas Latency = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock (CMD) = 2T
tRRD = auto
tRC = auto
tWR = auto
tWTR= auto
tREF = Auto 
tRD = auto
tRFC = auto
Async Latency = Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled 
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled 
MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled 
SATA Spread Spectrum: Disabled 
LDT Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Voltages

CPU Core = auto
CPU FSB = 1.5
Memory = 2.1v 
NForce SPP = 1.4v
NForce MCP = 1.55v
HT NForce SPP <--> MCP = 1.55v

Again run memtest to assure dram stability, if it passes memtest post cpu-z screenshots of the cpu and memory tab.

Ok just got off the phone with my friend that was testing my ram he is going to pull his cmos battery and jumper before he goes to bed and try again in the morning. If this doesnt work can I just send it in and have corsair test it? If so ill order new ram in the morning and save this for back up. Im going on two weeks now with out my desktop and im going through withdraw from gaming.

Ok just got off the phone with him. After clearing the cmos one stick at a time came up with c1 error then both sticks in got a d1 error and the system would not post to memtest. He pulled the cmos battery and jumper waited abit put his ram back in and everything was good.

Archived