Corsair Community

Is one of my sticks dead?

hhm007

For starters, this isnt a new build, it has been running for a few months now, with no problems.

I went on a small trip which i came back from yesterday, and before that trip, i switched off my power supply, and also unplugged it from the wall (just in case something happens when im not here).

When i came back yesterday, i switched back on the power supply, and repluged it in and tried to boot it up. Problem is, it wouldnt. The LCD Poster on the Ramapge Formula would get stuck on DET DRAM.

Ive tried removing both sticks, and trying one stick at a time, each time in diffrent slots, same problem. When i tried sticking in a diffrent sped ram (667mhzz) the computer would boot just fine.

Ive also tried clearing CMOS.

Any other ideas? Thanks

Download Memtest V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from-->

Sometimes the BIOS block can issue return errors. Please follow these directions:

1. Shut the system down
  2. Remove the power cord
  3. Remove the CMOS Battery
  4. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to On
  5. Press the power button for 10 seconds
  6. Let sit for 10 minutes
  7. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to Off
  8. Insert the CMOS Battery
  9. Insert the Power Cord
  10. Restart the system
  11. Enter the BIOS
  12. Load Default Settings
  13. Save Default Settings and Exit
  14. Restart the System

Enter your BIOS and set to these values.

[b]Extreme Tweaker[/b]

Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual
Ratio CMOS Setting : 9
FSB Strap to North Bridge : 266
FSB Frequency : 266
PCI-E Frequency: 100

DRAM Frequency: DDR2-1066
DRAM Command Rate : 2T
DRAM Timing Control: Manual
CAS# Latency : 5
RAS# to CAS# Delay : 5
RAS# Precharge : 5
RAS# ActivateTime : 15
RAS# to RAS# Delay : Auto
Row Refresh Cycle Time : Auto
Write Recovery Time : Auto
Read to Precharge Time : Auto

Read to Write Delay (S/D) : Auto
Write to Read Delay (S) : Auto
Write to Read Delay (D) : Auto
Read to Read Delay (S) : Auto
Read to Read Delay (D) : Auto
Write to Write Delay (S) : Auto
Write to Write Delay (D) : Auto

Write to PRE Delay: Auto
Read to PRE Delay: Auto
PRE to PRE Delay: Auto
ALL PRE to ACT Delay: Auto
ALL PRE to REF Delay: Auto

DRAM Static Read Control: Auto
Ai Clock Twister : Auto
Transaction Booster : Auto

CPU Voltage : Auto
CPU PLL Voltage : Auto
North Bridge Voltage : Auto
DRAM Voltage : 2.1
FSB Termination Voltage : Auto
South Bridge Voltage : Auto
Loadline Calibration : Enabled
CPU GTL Reference : Auto
North Bridge GTL Reference : Auto

DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : DDR2_REF
SB 1.5V Voltage : Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Heres the symptoms.

I used to run 2x1gb Sticks of Dominator Ram (1066mhz). After a recent shut down, my computer would no longer boot. Ive tried everything to try and get my system to work with both sticks. (I get stuck at DET DRAM, meaning i cant even get to the bios to adjust speed and voltage).

So i decided to try one stick at a time. I turned off my comp, fliped the switch on the power supply, unpluged 1 stick, turned on power supply, Cleared CMOS, and booted the comp, it booted fine, all the way to windows and i could log in. I took this chance to preform memtest on this stick, and it passed (tested 5times).

I decided to try the other stick, followed the same procedure, but the computer wouldnt boot. Stuck at DET DRAM again, so i couldnt get into bios, thus i couldnt preform memtest on it. Is it safe to assume its dead and i should get it replaced?

Currently im running on 1 of the two sticks that came with the package, settings are at 1066mhz and 2.2V, as stated on the package.

Should i just send it in?

Henry

• Corsair Employee
Heres the symptoms.

I used to run 2x1gb Sticks of Dominator Ram (1066mhz). After a recent shut down, my computer would no longer boot. Ive tried everything to try and get my system to work with both sticks. (I get stuck at DET DRAM, meaning i cant even get to the bios to adjust speed and voltage).

So i decided to try one stick at a time. I turned off my comp, fliped the switch on the power supply, unpluged 1 stick, turned on power supply, Cleared CMOS, and booted the comp, it booted fine, all the way to windows and i could log in. I took this chance to preform memtest on this stick, and it passed (tested 5times).

I decided to try the other stick, followed the same procedure, but the computer wouldnt boot. Stuck at DET DRAM again, so i couldnt get into bios, thus i couldnt preform memtest on it. Is it safe to assume its dead and i should get it replaced?

Currently im running on 1 of the two sticks that came with the package, settings are at 1066mhz and 2.2V, as stated on the package.

Should i just send it in?

Henry

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived