Corsair Community

Corsair TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN and EVGA 790i Ulta Incompatibility?!

DefJux

Tried some other ddr3 modules last night..

These are on NVIDIA list of supported modules. They didn`t fix the problem (thank god:) So im sending them back.

Have downloaded the beta bios P03R2 "dinos22" used in his tests..

I`ll see if im brave enough to try them out if my gpu switch doesen`t work...

The lag described in post 1 actually stops after 4-5 mins of playing COD4 or TF2... and then the games runs fine...

So Ramguy....is it possible that vista 64 bit doesn`t like running on "only" 2 gig ram?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Corsair done any 4x1GB testing of this RAM with reference 790i Ultra?

And for all you Vista haters, it is necessary to run Vista if you run Tri-SLI or Quad-SLI. I'm a gamer, and have been running 64Bit Ultimate since it's release.

you are better off buying a 4GB kit(2x2GB) as reference boards have a problem clocking RAM in gray slots past 1800 while black slots can go waaaay past that easily.......this is certainly the case with early bioses at least

Maybe I too should replace my 1800 modules with the Corsair TWIN3X 1333MHz DDR3, 4GB kit?! got 4 days to decide...!!

Seems like I dont have the knowlegde anyways to take advantage of the 1800 modules :)

And since the infamous "lag" is twice as bad when I run only one stick, maaaaybe the lag will be gone with 4 gig?!

OOOhh yesss.. oooooohh yess!!

well.. have the last bios.. (P03)

And can overclock to 450 fsb... and run linked..

but the lag is there...

With kingston hyper x 1600 mhz modules.. the lag is just there 3-4 min into the game.. after that the game runs fine...

With corsair 1800 the lag is really bad, and dont go away...

Im sure it is a memory thing...

cant say it is a error, cus I might have done something wrong.. but I find it strange that the hyper x modules reduce the "lag"...

The lag is even there on default settings..

ugg...

ok.. cus I have been running them on 2.0v...

And default...

The beta bios dinos22 used in his test is actually a older version than the P03... and I have to force it to be installed...

And I don`t like to force a bios flash...

• Corsair Employee
I would talk to the seller then to see if they can get them replaced if you want, but I doubt that will solve the problem. And I would need the exact modules part number to answer you are the timings but either Cas 9-9-9-24 or 7-7-7-20 what every they are rated at.

VISTA 64 bit and you like gaming? Why not just take a frying pan and hit yourself in the head man.

:eek:

10 Reasons NOT to buy VISTA for Gaming and VISTA 64 Bit for Gaming is even worse...

1. VISTA Sucks
  2. VISTA Sucks
  3. VISTA Sucks
  4. VISTA Sucks
  5. VISTA Sucks
  6. VISTA Sucks
  7. VISTA Sucks
  8. VISTA Sucks
  9. VISTA Sucks
  10. VISTA Sucks

Cereal man . . .:D:

Putting your system together for gaming and then installing VISTA 64 is like buying a kick *** stereo system and then some Sharp 10 watt speakers.

And I can think BSOD = XP.

well... tried xp.. the lag is still there...

I`m going to take a 3 hour drive tomorrow... just to get my motherboard, memory and harddrive replaced...

That should solve my problem :)

if not... I will cry...and cry... and cry...

Archived