Corsair Community

VX450 Power Supply died...can anyone help?

topshelf

Hi, been checking out what seems to be a great support forum here. I just ordered and installed 2 gb of xms2 and very happy with it I am too :):

Unfortunately the brand new VX450 I bought for the same build died within 24 hours of finishing my shiny new system and because it came from a dealer on ebay Corsair have told me they will not honor their 5 year warranty. :(:

I was instructed to do the rma through the dealer who sold to me :confused: which will probably be impossible to do as it was sold as is but with 5 year warranty from manufacturer...looks like I'm stuffed...I'll try talking to customer service on Monday and see if they can help but I'm a bit P.O.ed as I sit here and look at my new inactive box in the corner. Wish me luck!

Who knows what cust service may say (although if one dept in Corsair stuck with the warranty policy, I doubt another dept will conflict with their decision), but their warranty page is quite clear:

http://www.corsair.com/warranty/default.aspx

WHAT PARTS ARE NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?

The following parts are not covered by this warranty:

• Modules that are missing the label containing Corsair’s part number
  • Modules that are purchased from other end users
  • Modules that Corsair determines were not manufactured by Corsair, i.e., counterfeit Corsair modules

Kinda odd that it was sold "as is", which implies that it's used, and yet they claimed it had a warranty. Seems like they failed to do any homework before they sold it.

It was in a batch of 4 new and sealed....others who bought them don't seem to have any problems. The guy stated in the listing that they were new and covered by warranty so I thought I should be safe if it didn't work. I'm trying to get in touch with the seller to see if he'll do the rma but it seems a very roundabout way of dealing with the problem...I mean it's not his anymore is it?

I thought Corsair would have honored the warranty if the product is new...I mean surely I am the end user if I broke the seal on the box. When I opened it everything was wrapped and smelt brand new...hruummph.

I know these units get great reviews...and I was really looking forward to having this powering my system but it looks like I wasted my money in this case.

I've got my 4 year old thermaltake PSU running in my new system now without any of the problems associated with the Corsair unit but I can't really keep it in there as it does not have 24pin atx and 8 pin 12v that my new mb requires...and just 1 sata power connector:eek:

I looked around this forum and saw people being looked after when they had problems with new Corsair products and thought I would be ok...oh well...lets see what they say on Monday:(:

Just got an email from the seller who told me that one of his other VX450 buyers [ there was a batch of 5 of them] had the same problem and 'got a replacement no questions asked' I wonder what I did wrong to get the opposite response. However he did offer to help out with the rma if needed. But of course that means I have to ship it to him...give him money to pay to ship it to Corsair and of course my new system sits waiting for 2 weeks whilst I sort this nonsense out. :mad:

It sounds like you purchased from eBay which is a mixed bag when it comes to sellers actually helping out buyers with warranty issues. In the future you may want to consider shopping at reputable e-tailers that have prices similar to what you find on eBay.

http://www.newegg.com

http://www.zipzoomfly.com

http://www.clubit.com

http://www.buy.com

My suggestion would be to email or call the Corsair warranty dept. before you do anything else.

Hiya guys.....and thanx for your input. Yeah I'll phone the corsair customer service dept first thing tomorrow and see what they say. Agree with you about ebay being a mixed bag...though this is the first time I've had a problem with anything I've purchased on there...of course I use newegg for purchasing stuff too but they were out of stock on the VX450 when I needed to order it.

Now I just noticed in forums that the 9600gt card I installed in this system could have hardware issues....only noticable when gaming....trouble is I can't really do a reliable test with the old PSU I'm running in my new system at the moment. Monday can't come soon enough.....

hiya...will do today....they were shut over the weekend...office hours 8 - 5 mon - fri according to the message....

Oh...just realized what you meant....I haven't talked to customer service yet as they were closed on Fri by the time my PSU went dead. I just used the rma form, explaining what had happened and was refused...however they did say I could try speaking to someone at customer service...

Hi there,

thanx for getting back to me. I spoke to James at customer service this morning and he told me to go ahead and send it in via the online rma request form. I've done that and recieved a case # 468075. Now just waiting for a rma #.

Thanks for helping out! :):

Archived