Corsair Community

My Replacement of Corsair 620HX make nonestop buzz!

division101

My first Corsair 620HX only buzz when it under load or once in awhile, but my 2nd replacement I got have been buzzing none stop! I can't even use my PC anymore. I open my case, pull out every single fan and the buzzing continue. It sound like a conductor electronic squeak. So I put my ear next to it and now I can hear the buzz loud and clear. The buzz can be heard even when I sit far from my PC. I think I have gotten another bad PSU. I know, what are the chance of that happening, I guess I'm just bad luck. I swap an Antec Neo 550 in, it buzz too but very slightly, and only under stress load. So I know the Corsair is the culprit, and I don't think it suppose to do this.

Ramguy, can I get another replacement? :(:

The Corsair PSU is plug directly into a wall outlet. There is no buzz when I swap it with an Antec PSU. The Antec only Buzz slightly when I stress the CPU and under heavy load. Idle it don't buzz at all. When I plug the Corsair back in, it make a slight electronic buzz that can be heard coming from the PSU. What so annoying though is that it buzz constantly none stop every second. I already know it coming from the Corsair PSU. The strange thing is my previous Corsair doesn't do this, it doesn't constantly buzz none stop even on idle like this one. The previous Corsair one I return have the buzz too, but it not extreme like this one I'm having. I have pull it out of the PC case because it annoy me so much. I can record the sound if it help, because it hard to describe the sound, just a pain to re-install it again since I swap it already.

I just try on a friend PC Rig, which have no indication of buzz, and we have find out it coming from the Corsair. As much as I don't want to return this, I can't keep a PSU that constantly buzzing none stop.

• Corsair Employee
The clicking/buzzing noise is not normal to the unit, and yours should be replaced. It’s very difficult to test units for audible noise in reality, because Corsair’s test environment has a very clean power source. Many times, the clicking/buzzing noises come from the PFC filter circuitry or components used in the AC-DC conversion process, and these components all can react differently based on how clean the power source is. A unit that performs silently here in the lab may buzz or click in a house with older wiring, or a room with a failing battery-powered UPS, or any number of other things. To get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

Archived