Corsair Community

Computer wont POST with TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX

Tincan

hi,

The problem i am facing is that when i install both of these sticks the computer fails to POST but when i install only one stick it POSTS without problems. i ran memtest on both sticks seperatly and 1 is fine but the other has over 20 errors within the first 8% then crashes to a blue screen. i was advised to send these back to the supplier (not Corsair). however they are saying that both sticks are working fine at the stated voltage and timings. while i RMAd my sticks i purchaced another set of the same sticks to check and make sure it wasnt my motherboard and both of these new sticks work without a problem. so what could be causing the problem. as i have changed nothing in the bios settings evrything running Auto.

• Corsair Employee
Your MB Might be picky or you might have set a wrong setting. These should be set to 2.1 Volts at Cas 4-4-4-12 2t CR and set the TRC to 24. But if you are planning to run 4 modules DDR667 would be suggested. In addition with that MB you may have to Disable Legacy USB when running a memory test.

Thanks RamGuy, i recieved my memory this morning back from RMA. i installed it with the new ram and lowered the speed as you suggested to 667mhz and it now POSTs with 4GB. i tried running both memtest and orthos but both fail. memtest says Memory Error Detected does not store values accurately. And orthos fails with Fatal Error reading from temp file. Could this be caused by XP??

Archived