Corsair Community

Voyager 4Gb Not Working

weese

I have a Voyager 4Gb memory stick. It works fine in my IBM T60p laptop but doesn't work in my desktop. When I insert it into the slot nothing happens. I look in the device manager the Flash Voyager shows up with an exclamation point icon under "Other devices". Under properties for this icon it says no drivers are loaded for this device (Code 28). Funny thing is other memory sticks work on this computer.

Any Ideas?

Just tried an update driver from the icon in the device manager and it says "Windows found the driver software but encountered an error while attemping to install it", then there is an icon of a USB plug and next to that it says "USB Mass Storage Device", below that it says "The system cannot find the file specified."

Didn't work. Seems to uninstall the driver, no errors. But reinserting the drive causes a found new hardware box, clicking on the find driver automatically results in the error described in my 2nd post.

Do you know what the file is that the system can't find?

I got it running. I found a couple of usbstor.inf & PNY files with different dates in the windows/inf directory. I deleted all of them and copied the usbstor.inf and PNY files from the system32\driversstore\filerepository\usbstor.inf_bb8416e98e folder dated 5/24/2007 into the windows\inf folder. Then I used your advise, deleted the object in the device manager and reseated the stick. Bingo it came right up.

I don't know where the different files with different dates came from but I imagine that the system was trying to use the older inf file and that file didn't have the right info for the Voyager.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Archived