Corsair Community

intel d875pbz & twinx 3200llpro

bigbbri

i'm building my first pc on an intel 875pbz mobo with twinx 1024-3200llpro ram. when i power up everything runs but it doesn't boot & there's no video. the twins leds light up like the 4th of july. i've taken everything apart & put it back together to no avail. could this be a compatability issue? i would appreciate much any help or suggestions. thanks. rest of system is: antec 480w psu pentium 4 3.4c dual wd 74g raptors ati radeon 9800xt creative audigy2 zs platinum pro

[quote name='bigbbri']i'm building my first pc on an intel 875pbz mobo with twinx 1024-3200llpro ram. when i power up everything runs but it doesn't boot & there's no video. the twins leds light up like the 4th of july. i've taken everything apart & put it back together to no avail. could this be a compatability issue? i would appreciate much any help or suggestions. thanks. rest of system is: antec 480w psu pentium 4 3.4c dual wd 74g raptors ati radeon 9800xt creative audigy2 zs platinum pro[/QUOTE] I've got the same problem with this combination. no video!!! i also tried a stick of kingston basic value 3200 ddr400. same problem, no video!! i rma'd my mobo and processor to newegg without hassel,. still waiting for it to be replaced. did yours get resolved? ram guy said he had it running on his at his home and it was fine. i could never get to the bios screen to adjust anything.

• 1 month later...
got a new mobo (asus p4s800d-e) and my new machine is great! rma-ed my intel board for a new one whiich i'm going to put in a new system with 3200cl ram in a few months. i'll let you know how that goes. thanks ramguy.

• 2 weeks later...
i've just put together a system around an intel d875pbz mobo and installed 2x512 dimms of cmx512-3200c2 corsair memory. all kinds of vid problems with my ati 9800 pro 128mb...until i took out 1 of the dimms (they were running in dual channel) perfect. then i did extensive memory tests and found that the dimms were fine - so i put back the 2nd dimm into channel a slot 1 (single channel mode) and everything was fine. - so - i've got an email into intel tech support but i'll ask here as well - is this mobo/mem combination a no-go in dual channel mode? the whole reason i chose these 2 brands was that they were so standard i figured they'd be compatible!

• Corsair Employee
There should not be any problem with this MB and our modules. However, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest bios and then set the Dimm Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that does not help.

• 6 months later...
my dimm voltage options in the bios are 2.625 (current) 2.675, and 2.725 which one of these should i choose? also, in the 'what should me timing be' section it says this stick should be running at 200mhz. my mobo (intel d875pbz) supports DDR 400 and DDR 333 memory. my options in the bios are 266 333 and 400 - which should i choose? also, what should the spd settings be? thanks, dij

• Corsair Employee
We gaurentee our modules upto 2.9 Volts, so I would use 2.725 Volts. And for the Frequency, as long as you are running a 800 FSB CPU I would set the Freq at DDR400/200Mhx Clock. Other wise DDR333 would be suggested.

is it odd that my mb doesn't have a 200Mhz option? also, i'm not sure i can change the DDR setting - only the SDRAM FREQ setting (currently 400mhz) would changing this frequency to 333MHZ be better/faster than running at 400MHz in single channel mode? also, should i change any of the spd settings? i've got the latest bios for the motherboard and i've had no luck in dual channel..single channel is fine, memtests all passed etc.. the current spd settings are 3-3-3-8 (which is what my MB set to auto config chose) dij

• Corsair Employee
What is the speed and FSB of youe CPU? If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

the FSB is 800Mhz and it's a 3.2ghz P4 CPU the motherboard (Intel D875PBZ) says it supports DDR400 RAM. again, in the bios i don't see anyway to change the DDR of the installed memory, only the SDRAM Frequency - is this the same thing? From the Bios, here are the current settings which were chosen in auto mode by the motherboard (works in single, not in double) :CPC Override - [AUTO] :SDRAM Frequency - [400MHZ) (other choices - 266,333) :SDRAM tCL [3.0] :SDRAM tRCD [3] :SDRAM tRP [3] :SDRAM tRASmin [8] :Memory Refresh Cycle Time [12 Clocks] :Memory R/W delay [2 Clocks] :Memory R/W timing [6 Clocks] :DDR Voltage [2.625 Volts] (other choices 2.675 - 2.725 - 2.775)

well i can tell you that while the 400mhz may be fine, something in these settings is most certainly not. none of the settings i have listed work at all with dual channel operation. they are fine with single. (please read back to see my system configuration) i guess what i'm looking for are settings that are different than mine (obviously) that will work in dual channel mode. i apparently have a motherboard/ram combination that is supported according to all reports here. so what am i doing wrong? please, someone go through my bios settings. so i'm sorry if i'm being obtuse here but no one seems to be answering me with specifics. so the question is: what are all the numbers etc.. that i type into my bios (see prev post for curr settings) that will make memory work in dual channel mode? thanks, dijon

• Corsair Employee
dijon Sorry for the late reply, If the modules will both pass one up and or in single channel but you are having problems when in dual channel. That would suggest either you may have a power problem or a failing MB/Chipset or CPU. And I would try these settings after you updated the MB Bios to the latest version if you have not done so and then load set up defaults: :CPC Override - [AUTO] :SDRAM Frequency - [400MHZ) :SDRAM tCL [3.0] :SDRAM tRCD [3] :SDRAM tRP [3] :SDRAM tRASmin [8] :Memory Refresh Cycle Time [Bios default] :Memory R/W delay [Bios default] :Memory R/W timing [Bios default] :DDR Voltage [2.725) Then test with [url]www.memtest.org[/url]

Archived