Corsair Community

Corsair 620HX +12v rail low?

desipher

I recently built a new system with a Corsair 620HX PSU and I noticed in the bios voltage menu my +12v rail seemed awful low, albeit solid. It shows up as 11.71, and even though it doesn't flucuate, it should be a little higher shouldn't it? My specs are:

Intel Q6600 2.4ghz CPU OC'ed to 3.3ghz

Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard

2x MSI 8800GT SLI Video Cards

Corsair 620HX PSU

4gb OCZ ReaperX DDR2 Ram

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500gb HDD

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card

Each video card has their own dedicated PCI-E power cord that goes directly to the PSU.

Don't trust BIOS/software voltage readings. I have a computer with mainboard from MSI and the +12V shows up as a ridiculous 1.6V. Which of course is a totally wrong reading. With a digital multimeter, the voltage registers correctly at ~12V (11.98-12.02V). So if you can get your hands on a DMM, you can measure the voltage from a connector (for instance one of the 4-pin molexes) coming from the PSU.

It shows up as 11.71, and even though it doesn't flucuate, it should be a little higher shouldn't it?

If you are still concerned check your PSU +12v output using a multimeter when in use @ full load. That worked for me .. but confirm with a Corsair Techie first.

Archived