Corsair Community

Corsair 620 enough for this system?

Flipcat

Hi every1, i'm currently researching for a new PC, self-built ofc. Here's my setup so far:

ASUS P5E

2 x Zotac 8800 GT AMP! (OC)

Corsair Dominator 4x1024 DDR2-1066

WD Raptor 74 GB

Antec 900 (3 x 120, 1 x 200 mm fans)

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS (without front bay)

Is a Corsair 620 W PSU enough for this system, considering i want to OC?

Oh, and one more thing: What's the difference between a 620 W and a 520 W PSU? Pros and Cons.

Is a Corsair 620 W PSU enough for this system, considering i want to OC?

You forgot to mention the cpu. Assuming it's a C2D/C2Q then the HX620 will be an excellent solution and still offer headroom for future upgrades.

Oh, and one more thing: What's the difference between a 620 W and a 520 W PSU? Pros and Cons.

Assuming that you're referring to the Corsair models, the answer is 100W or 10A on the single 12V rail.

Oh yeah, the CPU is a Quad core (6600 model). Thx for the help mate!

And one more thing, lol.

What's the difference between having 1 +12v or several (+12v1, +12v2 etc. etc.)? Better individual power output, or just several cables? (I'm reffering to the difference between the HX and the TX models)

Single rail means there is no chance for wasted/reserved power or OCP to trip the psu. However not all psu's that list multiple 12V rails on the label have multiple rails. The HX series is a prime example since they are actually a single rail. In fact all of Corsair's units feature a single 12V rail.

• Corsair Employee
When the HX series was released ATX 2.0 spec required that no more than 20amps would be on any single 12v rail. So the single 12v rail was divided into three rails and the total 40A (520w) and 50A (620w) would be shared across the rails. Current ATX spec has since removed this requirement and having a triple shared rail design is no longer necessary. The HX is not a true triple rail PSU, and generally any PSU under 800w uses a single 12v rail.

Archived