Corsair Community

Heat Sink plate has come off

abhay65

i just bought a brand new Corsair Dominator TWIN 2X2048-10000C5DF (DDR2 RAM) and during installation of one of the memory modules the heat sink plate has come off!!!

how do i glue the plate back? which adhesive?

(i suppose adhesive must be heat conducting and should withstand temperature)

please advise.

First off... Just joined this forum. Had to send in my 2 sticks of 4 Gigs because of one bad stick that was giving me the BSOD and on top of that the heatsink came off !! Now its a wait and see.....I dont think they have it in stock ..SOOO here I am on a damn laptop :eek:

Enjoying the forum great info and helpers.

• Corsair Employee
It will take about 24-48 hours excluding weekends and holidays if not please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 and dial "0" 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time Monday Through Friday excluding Holidays or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Just wanted to also say that I got a call today from Carlos RMA Dept. following up on my RMA. All I say is WOW !! A call back to see how its going?? By the time I got the email (yesterday 2 pm) I now have my sticks in hand. Thanks guys...And no I am not getting pay to say these things :p: Time to finish the new built :D:

Archived