Corsair Community

Bad MacMini Ram

TijerasBob

My MacMini quit working, so I took it to the Apple Store, the "Genus" replaced the Main board, Fan, and level1 hardware repair, for a tune of $595, luckily, it was still under warranty. After all that they determined that the memory was bad. They said they couldn't do a thing about it as it was not "Apple" memory.

I purchased this memory as a 2GB upgrade from MacMall when I purchased the MacMini, and they installed it. I would like to return these under warranty for replacement. Is their better ram for the MacMini 1.83GHZ core Duo Apple Part number MA608LL/A

Purchase Date 12-12-06 From MacMall

Memory type Corsair Value Select VS1GSDS667D2

Quantity 2 sticks 1GB each

I did get a case # but would still like to find out from other people what is the best memory to use for the MacMini.

Also If you buy upgraded memory from a Apple Dealer like MacMall you will not get "Apple" memory and therefor your local Apple store will not touch the memory inside your Mac, even if you have a 3 Year Apple Care Package. Apple wants $350 for 2GB of "Apple" memory, you can buy Corsair for under $100.

• Corsair Employee
All of our memory has a lifetime warranty on them, and just because one set has failed that does not mean that every set will fail. Our return rate on this part is less that .02%, so I would just get them replaced. And if the module in question is not listed in our memory configurator I would not use it.

Archived