Corsair Community

Mislabeled Dominator chips???

I bought 2gb of Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D in November. Today I received another 2gb of TWIN2X2048-6400C4D for a total of 4gb. I am running vista x64 and started having issues (lockups, programs crashing) as soon as I installed the new memory. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA965-DQ6 F9 bios. New ram in slots 1&2. Old ram in slots 3&4. CPU-Z shows slot 1 & 2

Part Number: CM2X1024-6400C4D

CAS# Latency: 4.0

RAS# to CAS#: 4

RAS# Precharge: 4

Tras: 12

Trc: 22

Command Rate: 2T

--------------------------------------------------

Slot 3 & 4 show.....

Part Number: CM2X1024-6400D

CAS#: 5.0

RAS# to CAS#: 5

RAS# Precharge: 5

Tras: 15

Trc: 22

Command Rate: 2T

Can someone please assist me in finding an answer?

Excuse me...... Am I hearing you correctly?????? I have 4 identically marked ram chips that are certificed 800mhz and you are suggesting I run them at 667Mhz. WHY???????? I PAID FOR 4 6400C4D sticks and am curious why the first reaction isn't " THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED WITH THE CORRECT MEMORY YOU PAID FOR". What is my next step now that we have determined that my first 2gb chips where MISLABELED. RICK

• Corsair Employee
Yes I have not seen a MB yet that would run 4 modules at 800 MHz sorry but there is more loading on the memory controller as you add more modules, but to make sure its not a failing module you should test the modules one set at a time at the tested settings, The are correct from the SPD we use the same SPD for both just one has the correct part# probably a later production run, but the SPD is the same.

Archived