Corsair Community

Refer me for RMA please

OK, so I'm no noob and I have already done the Memtest X86 ver 3.2 for an hour and have found that my stick is wasted. I need a referral for RMA. My symptoms were not being able to install Windows XP Home or Linux on my HP 513W. I have since run Memtest X86 and found the stick has errors. I then installed a stick of cheapo DDR in the same DDR Slot on the motherboard and Memtest now passes with flying colors and I am almost done installing Windows XP Home. Please reply to this post giving me the go ahead to RMA this ram.

This is a Hewlett Packard 513W computer, correct?

What is the exact part # and revision # of each stick? Is it a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

If you have more than one stick, have you tested one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+? NOTE: Memtest 3.2 is a different version, and years out of date!

Click here to find out how you can add your system specs to your profile and posts!

Yes, its an HP513W and the DDR is a single stick. The PN is...VS512MB400.

When it is installed my machine I am unable to install Windows. When it is NOT in the system Windows installed fine and runs fine. If I put it back in the system now the machine crashes... is there more that I need to do to get an RMA referral?

Troubleshooting would be the first step.

Has it ever worked in your system? Are you mixing it with the original memory?

Checking Corsair's Compatibility Site:

Corsair Memory Compatible with the Hewlett-Packard Pavilion 513w

A Complete List of Modules Compatible with your Product

Part # Size

CMSS512MB-266 512MB

CMSS256MB-266 256MB

It's highly probable that your computer is simply unable to read the SPD on the memory, and hence is unable to read the memory. Barring a different version from Corsair (Ram Guy) tomorrow, I'd recommend returning that memory and getting what's listed on the compatibility list in the above link (and quote), or buying what HP recommends.

OK, I filled out the RMA form and its now 3 days later... is there more that I have to do to get an RMA number back? And, Wired, don't tell me to be patient again. Last time I RMA'd C ru ci al DDR, they sent me an RMA number 2 hours after I submitted a form and I didn't have to wait 2 days posting in a forum. So far I am not impressed with Corsair customer care. I can wait 2 days for an RMA number but not 4 days to hear nothing. Ram Guy, hook me up with an RMA number please.

Corsair customer service is absolutely hideous. I will NOT be buying any more Corsair and I WILL be posting on all of my favorite forums that Corsair has rotten customer service. I mean come on, a forum to "chat" about your ram when I could just call and get an RMA... this is ridiculous. I'm not stupid nor am I a total expert but I can't stand getting treated like an average user. I expect that when I buy a product with a lifetime warranty that the vendor is ready to support the replacement of the product in a reasonable amount of time. 4+ days and no RMA is horse****. I want a phone number to call for an RMA by Friday or I will never buy Corsair again and I will recommend all of my friends abandon you guys as vendors for ram too. Crucial and Kingston do a better job for the same prices. This forum crap is getting old.

I mean come on, a forum to "chat" about your ram when I could just call and get an RMA... this is ridiculous.

I want a phone number to call for an RMA

It appears that you think that the forums is the only way to get an RMA. This would be incorrect. You can Email, phone, Fax, use the forums, or use the automated website.

The following links show multiple ways to get an RMA, or to talk with Corsair.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/contacts.html

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/warranty.html

I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?

The first two links are from Corsair's website, the last is from the FAQ here on the forums, and is also in Ram Guy's sig, which you can see in this very thread.

Archived