Corsair Community

Twinx 1024 and Twinx 512

Michael H.

Hello!

I hope that someone can answer my question

The memory that already is in my system an Asus P4P800-E deluxe PIV is the Twinx512-3200C2 Dualchannel. I've just bought the Twinx1024-3200C2PT.

My Question: Are these memory types compatibel and also Which settings should I use. :confused:

Please help...

Michael.

O ok....

The computer store here said it wouldn't be a problem if used the settings for the 512.

If I would want to try it ..... Is ther a diff. iff I use the first to bleu banks for the 1024 and than the black for the 512?

Can I test the memory to see if it's working correctly?

The memory that already is in my system an Asus P4P800-E deluxe PIV is the Twinx512-3200C2 Dualchannel. I've just bought the Twinx1024-3200C2PT.

My Question: Are these memory types compatibel and also Which settings should I use. :confused:

Also, the ICs used in both sticks will most likely be different, further complicating the issue. It's never recommended mixing ICs.

Put both of those quotes together, and you'll end up with the finding that the TWINX1024 kit may not use the same IC chips or even the same PCB revision as the older TWINX512 kit (and by the same token, a TWINX512 kit you bought a few years ago may not be identical to the same-model TWINX512 kit you buy today). Worse, some memory IC chips in earlier modules do not play well at all with newer memory IC chips.

Michael H.,

Can you tell us which version (revision) of your two TWINX kits? (The model and revision should be on the sticks, and the 3200C2 series modules should say XMS3202v#.#, where # could mean any number.)

Put both of those quotes together, and you'll end up with the finding that the TWINX1024 kit may not use the same IC chips or even the same PCB revision as the older TWINX512 kit (and by the same token, a TWINX512 kit you bought a few years ago may not be identical to the same-model TWINX512 kit you buy today). Worse, some memory IC chips in earlier modules do not play well at all with newer memory IC chips.

Michael H.,

Can you tell us which version (revision) of your two TWINX kits? (The model and revision should be on the sticks, and the 3200C2 series modules should say XMS3202v#.#, where # could mean any number.)

Twinx512 XMS3202v4.1 (Black)

Twinx1024 XMS3202v5.2 (platinum)

Archived