Corsair Community

RMA Gone Wrong

Snerp

I am at my wits end...here's the story.

My RMA was approved and I was given all the info to send in my RAM, but I wanted to cross ship and I wanted to make sure I got Micron D9 ICs (what I have) in return. I emailed the RMA department 3 times over a week and never got a response. I then called in & had to go through tech support to get someone on the phone. I talked to a lady that got everything setup for the cross ship.

Yesterday I received my replacements. They were PROMO ICs and to top it off I got a 1GB kit instead of a 2GB kit. It has now been two weeks since I have started the RMA process. I sent the lady that setup my cross-ship an email last night and I left a message on the RMA voice mailbox last night. Today I have sent another email to her and I left a voice message with the RMA Department Manager. It really shouldn't be this hard. I just want to get this taken care of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but there might not be any way for us to give you modules based on Micron depending on the part # of the modules you sent us.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

I am sorry but there might not be any way for us to give you modules based on Micron depending on the part # of the modules you sent us.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

I'll try giving that number a call.

I was told I would be receiving D9s in return by the lady that setup my cross shipment. I paid for Micron D9s not PROMOS. I went out of my way to make sure I was getting D9s not PROMOS. It was possable to replace PROMO sticks with D9s when people that thought they were getting the micron ICs threw a fit. I know for a fact that it can be done, it's just a matter of if you want to send them to me or not. They are V1.2 XMS2 Sticks.

I called the number and the guy who answered was very nice. He said the system was down and that he would be giving me a call the second they came back up. Thank you for the number RAM GUY.

• Corsair Employee
Well I am not sure what to tell you other than we do not sell our modules with a specific IC we never have. We may show or tell what we used to make a module but nowhere do we promise that we use Micron IC's on any part. Other than at this time all modules 8500 and up use Micron IC's but that is subject to change at any time if something else comes along.

I still haven't had my call returned.

Well I am not sure what to tell you other than we do not sell our modules with a specific IC we never have. We may show or tell what we used to make a module but nowhere do we promise that we use Micron IC's on any part. Other than at this time all modules 8500 and up use Micron IC's but that is subject to change at any time if something else comes along.

Ok, I understand...I just think I should get the same thing I bought. After this RMA from hell, I don't think an upgrade to a 8500 kit is out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I sent back the 1GB kit that was sent to me and it got to the RMA department on Friday. I was told on the 25th that once again the systems are down, so the shipment couldn't be confirmed. I have been told the systems are down 3 times over this RMA. I have asked for an update from the lady who has been helping me three times over the past 4 days with no response. :mad:

On the 1st it will be 4 weeks since I started my RMA. Once again I'm receiving zero customer service and I turn to you RAM GUY. I thank you in advance for your help.

My RMA number is R218182. I finally got an Email back today. I was told that the systems were down again for the past 3 days. That brings that excuse to a use total of 4 times. My money for the incorrect RAM has supposedly been refunded, but it's not in my account yet...I understand this can take some time.

It seems that even after nearly 4 weeks, multiple unanswered voice messages & emails, and nothing but frustration, an upgrade is out of the question. I told the lady that is working on my RMA just to send me a normal replacement and all the sudden everything was fine and dandy getting done with no problems...4 weeks and I'm still getting cheaper ICs (PROMOS rather than Micron) even though I was told from the get go that I would be getting Micron D9 ICs.

What's the part # of the original module in question?

It's a XMS2 DDR2-800 2GB kit. It was V1.1 or 1.2. I don't have the RAM right in front of me. If the exact part number is needed I can get it. If you could link me to the info on the exact location of the number on the stick that would help.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

I have sent a message to our customer service and asked them to check into this ASAP. But I would suggest you call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "0" or send them an email again to follow up rma@corsairmemory.com.

But our Warranty Policy is verry clear, if you sent us Micron based parts then we have to send you Micron based parts back!

WHAT HAPPENS IF I RETURN A PART UNDER THIS WARRANTY?

The part you return will be tested upon receipt at Corsair. If the part is a good part according to Corsair’s test, it may be shipped back to you, or it may be replaced with an equivalent part. If the part fails Corsair’s test, it will be replaced by an equivalent (or better) part that passes the test.

Archived